Immunisation Certificate


I am doing the Discover Europe trip June 2015 and have a couple of questions:

  • Has anyone had experience with European countries requiring an immunisation certificate or particular immunisations to be obtained prior to arrival?
  • Do I need a visa for entry to Turkey? That is the only country I am confused about as the website said I will need to arrange one prior to entering (i.e. before my trip), but my travel agent said I won’t need one at all.
    Thank you.


Hi Amy,

Thanks for your inquiry.
No we haven’t had anyone needing any sort of immunisation for Europe, but as we are not trained in this in might be best to visit your local GP. We also aren’t trained in visas, but i can suggest a website called projectvisa that will give you all the information that you need.




Hi Amy,

Not sure if you have found out or not but you will need to get a visa online. You can only do this within 3 months of your trip.

As for the immunisation I’m not 100% sure but I think it’s just standard to have hep b, hep a and I think typhoid if you are heading into turkey or around there.


As I’m not 100% sure, but if you are from the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) allows citizens of participating countries which they have listed in the web. Then you can travel to the United States without a visa for stays of 90 days or less. You didn’t need any sort of immunisation for Europe. As yes you should visit visit your local GP for more and exact information.