ID for Clubs/Pubs - Passport/Drivers Licence?


Hey peeps,

In Europe & UK, when you go to nightclubs/pubs, what kind of ID do you need? Would an Aussie drivers licence be enough, or do you need your passport? Do they even check ID much? I don’t think I had my ID checked in the UK or Ireland last time…

I just wonder if it’s safer to carry my passport with me everywhere, or if its better to leave my passport locked up in the bottom of my pack in the hostel in some circumstances…


NZ drivers license was fine anywhere it was required. Probably better off leaving the passport locked in your bag at the hotel to avoid losing it.


I had my australian drivers licence in my wallet and passport in the bottom of my bag just in case when we went out.