How to use money belts

I know this is a somewhat silly question but exactly how do you use money belts? And what exactly do you put in them? Passport, credit card, large sums of money… Do people keep their daily spending money in the belt or is it generally just for “valuables” [br][br]And, if you’re out shopping and you need something from your money belt, do you just hike up your clothes and whip it out?? [br][br][br][br]Cynthia[br]European Getaway 16th Dec

Hi Cynthia :)[br][br]THis should help u out a bit :)[br][br]http://www.ricksteves.com/plan/tips/moneybelt.htm[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

Cheers Whirlsie. hadn’t really thought about the fact that the money belt could/would get sweaty [v][br][br]Essential Europe Winter Tour- 23rd Dec

Thanks Leeanna! That answered my questions exactly [br][br]By the way, I’m also from Canberra :)[br][br]Cynthia[br]European Getaway 16th Dec

Hi Wintergirl and Jlord,[br][br]Nobody on our tour had a money belt, and even though I took one, I never used it. As you two like me are going on a winter tour you will be wearing winter clothing wherever you go. You are better off getting a little Pacsafe bag you can wear across your shoulder and chest, it will be hidden by your winter coat anyway!;D

Cheers LukeandAli! A few people have mentioned these PacSafe bags so should really look into it![br][br]Essential Europe Winter Tour- 23rd Dec

I took a Pacsafe money belt and wore it a few times. I also took a Pacsafe handbag with me and it was the greatest thing. I felt so safe with it and just made sure it was diagonally across my chest. I always had one hand on it. Highly Recommended!