How to get from airport to globetrotter!

hi guys[br][br]im travelling solo and have booked accomodation at the globetrotter inn the night i arrive in london. i dont have any contacts in london before my tour starts and want to know how everyone else is getting to the inn from the airport[br][br]i know there is the tube but i dont like the idea of being on there alone late evening. is there any other way to get there? shuttle service?? im a bit worried now as its the only aspect ive really overlooked. i arrive this tues night![br][br]

Hay i am travelling alone too. [br][br]I am glade that you asked this question. From what people tell me the tube is pretty safe and they have security on the trains but i dont know if thats true. Hopefully someone can shed some light?

at the beginning of this clip it goes through how to get to Globetrotter inn from Heathrow :)[br][br]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUeosZZoKCQ[br][br]I’m not sure about the security, I havent been there yet either :-[ but I cant imagine that it would be too bad, just be careful :o)[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

Thanks Leanna for the You Tube clip. That’s really helpful and is also cool to actually see where you are going and what it looks like before you get there.[br][br]http://www.lonelyplanet.com/worldguide/england/london/[br][br]This website allows you to see a satellite birds eye view of where the Globetrotter Inn is from Stamford Brook Underground entrance/exit.[br][br]Only 11 more Sundays for me till me and my hubby are doing the Discover Europe tour. We sooooooooooo can’t wait! :):):slight_smile:

We got a shuttle transfer from Heathrow to Globetrotters because I didn’t want to be carting my luggage on the tube…The shuttle was called Dot 2 Dot I think. You can either prebook or there is a counter in the arrivals hall. From memory it was about $30 each or something like that.(it was in December 2007)…:sunglasses:

Hey guys i just got back from a tour and stayed at the globes. the tube it the cheapest and quickest way i think u get off at Acton town and change lines it’s pretty straight forward. i know a few girls on my tour done it on there own and felt ok about it. depends tho

what is the easiest and cheapest way from gatwick airport?[br][br]Ebony + Amanda[br]European Emperor 9 July[br]East Meets West 21 July

Hi guys, [br]I have lived in London for 2 years and have travelled the tube at all times of the day and night and always felt safe, it is the easiest and cheapest way to get there.[br][br]Gatwick - you can get a bus or train, they are around the same price, about ?8 one way.[br][br]Best of luck![br][br]Danielle[br]Aussie living in Uk[br]Mega European July 6.