Hotels locations near points of interest?

Can anyone fill me in on the locations of the hotels in the cities while doing a eurohotels tour? I have found that some other tour companies have their hotels ‘just outside’ the cities that they are visiting. Which I later found meant that they were far from points of interest, or like 15-20 minutes from the city. This would be unacceptable for me. How are the topdeck tours’ hotels? [br][br]PS: Even better, if anyone knew some of the exact hotels in the cities, I would be very thankful;D[br][br]-Prospective traveler,[br]RP

Hey there![br][br]I’ve called Topdeck for a list of hotels/hostels for various tours, they were very helpful! Give them a call and they will email you over a list![br][br]I found that all locations are about 20 mins by transport to the city centers![br][br]Hope that helped :wink:

I did the Europe Uncovered hotel tour in June and the hotels were all pretty decent locations. None were right in the city as I guess that would be too expensive. They generally were a 15 minute or so ride on public transport into the city.[br][br]From memory, Paris was not that near, Rigi is obviously up the mountain, Nice was walking distance from anywhere you might like to go (unless you want to go out of Nice to Antibes or Cannes like some did - you walk to the train station and get a train), Florence was walking distance, Rome was 15-20 minutes on public transport, Venice was 20 minutes by bus and I believe is pretty much as close to the city as you possibly can stay, Pag was a great location and all you’ll do there is sit on the beach anyway, Ljubljana was 15 minutes or so drive, Salzburg walking distance, Prague 20 minutes public transport, Berlin 20 minutes public transport, Amsterdam 15 minutes. [br][br]15-20 minutes is still reasonably close. You’d expect to pay a fair amount more than Topdeck’s prices if you want city centre I think.

Ahh thank you two. Good lookin out.

Hi All,[br][br]I got a list from topdeck for the tour i’m doing through eastern europen and researched them on Trip advisor. They dont sound too good. Most are dirty, noisy and stuff gets stolen from your room.[br]I’m not so sure i want to do the tour i’m on anymore. I dont want to be sleeping under moulded blankets… for example!

Hey, the hotels in Eastern Europe tend to be pretty good! They are a bit out of town but it’s always easy to get in and usually the Topdeck bus drops you in and picks you up anyway! I never had anything stolen and really enjoyed my hotels. They wernt 5 star or anything but for what I paid that were more than enough! I stayed in an amazing little chalet in Tyrol, Prague was an awesome hotel, the rooms were great. Think it was called 3 crowns or somehting in english. In Berlin it was like staying in someone’s house, this cute little place in a great area of Berlin, lots of stuff around and easy to get everywhere! and amerterdam was casa 400, again, I really liked my room and we were like 2 mins from the station which took us straight into amsterdam! You’ll defo regret if you cancelled I had the best time ever!!! Hope this helps![br][br]Chloe

[quote]Originally posted by Vampgirl10[br]
Hi All,[br][br]I got a list from topdeck for the tour i’m doing through eastern europen and researched them on Trip advisor. They dont sound too good. Most are dirty, noisy and stuff gets stolen from your room.[br]I’m not so sure i want to do the tour i’m on anymore. I dont want to be sleeping under moulded blankets… for example![br][/quote]I think you’re over reacting a bit VampGirl![br][br]When my mate went on teh big Topdeck Hotel trip she said they were all fairly good. Some places had closer hotels than others, however when teh hotels weren’t in the centre of town there was always public transport which meant the city was easily accessible. A 15 minute bus or train ride isn’t that bad, especially considering that Europe’s public transport is so, SO much better than any in Australia! And easy to navigate too![br][br]If you leave valuables in ANY hotel, there’s always a chance they’ll get stolen, your best bet is to keep passports, etc on you whenever you travel, whether staying in 5 star hotels or hostels! My aunt had her entire safe stolen from a Mercure Hotel in Rome, so no hotel is 100% theft proof!

hmmm thats exactly why i thought the best place to get the right advice would be on here… from people you may have been or know more about it. Gosh knows you cant always trust review website as its usually people who havent had a good experience. i just hope it isnt as bad as i’ve read because i really want to do this tour. [br][br][br][quote]Originally posted by JaneW[br]

[quote]Originally posted by Vampgirl10[br]
Hi All,[br][br]I got a list from topdeck for the tour i’m doing through eastern europen and researched them on Trip advisor. They dont sound too good. Most are dirty, noisy and stuff gets stolen from your room.[br]I’m not so sure i want to do the tour i’m on anymore. I dont want to be sleeping under moulded blankets… for example![br][/quote]I think you’re over reacting a bit VampGirl![br][br]When my mate went on teh big Topdeck Hotel trip she said they were all fairly good. Some places had closer hotels than others, however when teh hotels weren’t in the centre of town there was always public transport which meant the city was easily accessible. A 15 minute bus or train ride isn’t that bad, especially considering that Europe’s public transport is so, SO much better than any in Australia! And easy to navigate too![br][br]If you leave valuables in ANY hotel, there’s always a chance they’ll get stolen, your best bet is to keep passports, etc on you whenever you travel, whether staying in 5 star hotels or hostels! My aunt had her entire safe stolen from a Mercure Hotel in Rome, so no hotel is 100% theft proof![br][/quote]

it would be good if you posted some of those that tripadviser say aren’t that good, so that people who may have stayed there can comment. agreed about valuables. sad, but thats travelling.

i found tripadvisor really confusing and contradictory when i was reasearching accom for a trip to usa, there were always bad reviews and it got quite disheartening after a while! But then thered be a good review for the same place so it was hard to know what to think.

sites like TripAdvisor are always super biased unless its for a 5-Star hotel.

1. People are far more likely to actually take the time to write a bad review than a good review.
  2. TONS of stupid people go online and find the cheapest hotel in an area and then are shocked when its not a luxury resort with tons of free stuff.

Location of nearby points of interest more than an acre of orchard Nawab Balasinor, A / C rooms with modern facilities, home cooked Mughlai and Afghan food, garden, garden building facilities.

The Best & Affordable Hotels Near Your Location? staying in http://hugetravelhub.com/. So while considering London hotels near my area you have to think of all the circumstances. Then it will be very easy to find the best hotel within your budget range.

You can contact your travel agent in your location.