Hogmany-new years!

Hey Hey![br]Just a shout out to see if there is anyone else out there booked to go to Edinbrugh for New Years? I’m heading up there and staying at the Globtrotter (the other trip was booked out). Going with 5 mates but hope to meet HEAPS of other party goers. Bring on 2010 in Scotland![br]8-)Christine[br][br]European Getaway 16 May 2009[br]Oktoberfest 18 Sept 2009[br]Hogmany Edinbrugh 30 Dec 2009

Hey Chrissy[br][br]this is a bit off the topic sorry but i noticed you did the european getaway in may, im looking at doing that tour next may, can you tell me what you thought of the tour as well as what the weather was like in europe at that time of year because im getting all sorts of different answers and im wondering what type of clothes to pack.[br]any help would be much appreciated. :)[br][br][br][br]Jess :o)

Hey Jess,[br]It’s all good. Glad to help out a fellow traveller. I LOVED everything about the European Getaway trip, it’s a perfect length to get a taste of everything and you don’t miss anything either. The fact that you get 2 nights at every stop was a big selling point for me as well as nearly having ALL your meals provided brought down the cost alot. May is a fantastic time of year to go, there are no where near as many tourists as the Summer. I packed more then I needed, there is always an unpredictable element to European weather but you will only need warm clothes (by that I mean a decent jacket-not a coat)jeans and a long shirt for Switzerland, Austria and maybe Prague (it rained when I was there so it was a tad chilly). Don’t worry about packing heaps of fancy outfits. You will need something ‘smart’ for Monaco but pack something you can wear again. Otherwise heaps of T-shirts/shorts and make sure you have shorts/skirt that is knee length or you will be refused entry to St Peters in Rome (I am SO bitter about this)[br]If you are comfortable in heels pack them but I only wore mine once in Monaco, you will get into clubs in a decent pair of Sandals, I got let in wearing my Havianas so they arent too strict.[br]You will love this trip, I had a wonderful group of passengers and my Tour Leader and Driver were FANTASTIC-I haven’t stopped singing their praises since.[br]Apart from that I recommend doing all the Optional Extras (yes even the sex show in Amsterdam)[br]Im happy to answer any other questions you have, even in a post about Hogmany. ;)[br]Cheers, Christine[br][br]European Getaway 16 May 2009[br]Oktoberfest 18 Sept 2009[br]Brugge Christmas Market Weekend 19-20 Dec 2009[br]Hogmany Edinbrugh 30 Dec 2009

Hey Chrissy[br][br]Thanks heaps for all the information about the tour and clothing especially was very helpful. i cant wait to go im booking my trip in in 2 days time. [br]Ive heard that you need knee length clothing for a few things in rome id still be upset like you if i didnt get to go in somewhere!! I dont think ill bring heels maybe just some dressy flats.[br][br]How long are you over there for new years? i bet your getting excited now as its only months away!!![br][br]once again thanks heaps for all your information, very useful :)[br][br][br][br]Jess :o)

I’ll be on the tour for the Edingurgh Hogmanay! ;D[br][br]Topdeck Tour: Edinburgh Hogmanay - 09/10

Hey Amy![br]Look forward to seeing you there! Cant wait, 2 months to go :D[br]Christine[br][br]European Getaway 16 May 2009[br]Oktoberfest 18 Sept 2009[br]Brugge Christmas Market Weekend 19-20 Dec 2009[br]Hogmany Edinbrugh 30 Dec 2009

Hey there! [br]Myself and three friends are coming on this trip, cant wait!![br]Looking forward to meeting you all![br][br]Sarah :)[br][br]London to Athens -[br]August 30 2009[br]Brugge Christmas - Dec 2009[br]Edinburgh Hogmanay 09/10!

Hey Sarah![br]Glad to hear from someone else coming on the tour. Was looking a bit quiet there for a while. I noticed you are also going to Brugge for Christmas. Is that for the Markets or actually for Christmas Day? Im heading to the Markets the weekend before Christmas.[br]Not long to go now. Can’t wait. Lookg forward to meeting everyone too.[br]Christine :D[br][br]European Getaway 16 May 2009[br]Oktoberfest 18 Sept 2009[br]Brugge Christmas Market Weekend 19-20 Dec 2009[br]Hogmany Edinbrugh 30 Dec 2009

Hey Christine,[br]Yea hardly anyone seems to go on this forum! Before I left NZ I pretty much lived on here haha. Are you in London now? We should meet up before New Years![br]I’m going to Brugge for actual Christmas, but was tempted to look into the markets too![br]Sarah :)[br][br]London to Athens -[br]August 30 2009[br]Brugge Christmas - Dec 2009[br]Edinburgh Hogmanay 09/10!

Yeah, been in London since May. Like you I was on here all the time before I left and still check it with all these other tours I’ve booked. You in London too?[br]Always keen to meet up with fellow travellers. You on Facebook? You can find me with my email address chrispy0102@yahoo.com.au[br][br]Christine :D[br][br]European Getaway 16 May 2009[br]Oktoberfest 18 Sept 2009[br]Brugge Christmas Market Weekend 19-20 Dec 2009[br]Hogmany Edinbrugh 30 Dec 2009