HELP! Spending Money for 6 weeks

[br]Hi… I was wondering if anyone can help me… I am trying to budget for me and my boyfriend to travel for 6 weeks in Europe. We are having a week in Paris, 2 days in Barcelona then we do a 19 day Top Deck tour, then 2 weeks travelling independently from Prague, Germany, Amsterdam and the UK… I have some accom booked in Paris and Barcelona, and will have a Eurail pass booked before we go? I’m thinking $10,000 AUDs, but I don’t know… HELP!!!

i think that’s definetely enough!!! :)[br][br]…Colina…[br]…Grand European - July 28th 2009…[br]?The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.? - Saint Augustine

We’re doing 8 weeks and aiming to have about $15k…but that will also need to cover our mortgage and bills back home for the duration. We have credit cards as a back up also. Every1 has told me $15k is ridiculous though…but I suspect I will want to go a bit crazy on sourveniers and “additional activities”.[br][br]Like you, that will also be $15k for my boyfriend and I combined. :)[br][br]Becky and Russell[br]European Getaway - Dept 3rd Oct-22 Oct 2009[br]From Sydney, Australia

Ok cool… That makes me feel heaps better!! I have been stressed about this for a while… We don’t want to miss out on things because we didn’t budget enough… having said that though, we will have our credit cards etc with us, so it won’t be too bad![br][br]Thanks for your feedback guys;D

Hi guys I just wrote in the help 3 weeks money so you can look at that and just double what we spent cause we were there for nearly a month and we spent heaps! I loved shopping for souveniers and presents! Oh and becandruss we had to do the same, leave a few grand in the bank for the mortgage bills etc! My biggest advice is to book and pay for heaps of stuff before you go! We booked and payed for heaps of sites and accomodation when I had extra money on the months leading up to our holidays! it was handy casue the only money I was forking out when I was over there was food and souveniers![br]Hope this healps, so jelous, I wish I was going back to Europe! But off to Egypt in October so should be good!

Hey Guys,[br][br]I’m in the same boat. I’m going on my first tour to Europe (Spirit of Europe) and have no idea how much i’ll need.[br][br]I’ve been saving like mad, and should have around 14k, but from the sounds of the other posts it should be enough. [br][br]Like the rest of you, i dont want to have to watch what I spend (within reason!).[br][br]Thanks for your great posts.[br][br]Spirit of Europe - Sep 1st

Hey Guys,[br][br]I’m in the same boat. I’m going on my first tour to Europe (Spirit of Europe) and have no idea how much i’ll need.[br][br]I’ve been saving like mad, and should have around 14k, but from the sounds of the other posts it should be enough. [br][br]Like the rest of you, i dont want to have to watch what I spend (within reason!).[br][br]Thanks for your great posts.[br][br]Spirit of Europe - Sep 1st

Most people I’ve spoken to who have done tours reckon about $100 a day is ample. Remember that the majority of your meals are paid for Gyster so that helps.

Thanks Kyla, your right it definately helps.[br][br]It’s just that I have another 4 weeks of traveling after our topdeck tour, but if I go by the $100 rule I should be fine.[br][br]Spirit of Europe - Sep 1st

Thanks Kyla, your right it definately helps.[br][br]It’s just that I have another 4 weeks of traveling after our topdeck tour, but if I go by the $100 rule I should be fine.[br][br]Spirit of Europe - Sep 1st

After the tour you’ll be paying for all your meals, transport & accommodation so you’d probably need more for then.