HELP! relationships while on tour!

Has anyone or many people been in a relationship while they have gone away for a long tour?
I am in one now and leaving in august for a 7 week tour and am not quite sure on whether to end the relationship or stay!!
I NEEEDD HELPPP PLEASE!
who has advice and ideas!!

hey!

My boyfriend is currently over in europe for 11 weeks on a busabout tour. we have been together three years now and i have been away for three months on an exchange and two months seperatley since we have been together, and leave two months after he comes back for an 8 week tour. It is a really hard thing to decide and i have been in the exact same boat as you!! :slight_smile: but it is going well for me, my advice is to stick with it, and you will know whether its the right thing to do when you are away. the time also goes very quickly. good luck with everything!

sophie :slight_smile:

Hi Ildy,

I am in a relationship myself and am going away for 4 weeks on the tour, so will be by myself while he is at home. It is shorter time than you mentioned but I’m sure it will feel pretty similar!! I guess it’s up to you as to how you feel about your partner and where you want the relationship to go. I can understand, it is a long time to be away from someone, this is the longest I have been away from my partner! Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Hi Ildy :slight_smile:

I’ve just finished a Topdeck tour and one of the girls on that tour was in a brand new relationship - only been dating for 6 months - and she was going to be away for 2 months (she was doing 3 tours). The way she coped was by having a netbook computer and skyping her boyfriend whenever she had the chance - so they ended up speaking almost every day anyway! She still had an absolute blast and she doesn’t regret a thing :slight_smile:

Also, i’m speaking from experience - I went away for almost 5 months on an exchange to Japan a few years ago and me and my boyfriend at the time survived!! :slight_smile: It’s character developing trust me!

I guess it’s up to you…Long distance in a relationship is hard but it all depends on how much you think it’s worth it! Also depends on what you want to get out of the tour!

Good luck with your decision!
Nat ;D