Heathrow Airport transfer

What is the best/easiest way to get from the airport to the Wombat Hostel (Dock Street, London) for someone who have never been to London before and will be traveling solo?

Hi Samantha

I have never been to London, and am also travelling solo.

I am taking the tube from the airport to the hostel, its only a 5-10minute walk up the road from the tube station. See the map below.

Follow the blue line until South Kensington, Jump onto the green line, get off at East Aldgate. Then just follow Whitechapel High Street. On the next intersection take a right into Leman Street. Just follow Leman Street for 5-10 minutes. Once you´ve passed underneath a railway bridge you´ll reach Dock Street. The wombat´s City Hostel is located just next to the little Church on Dock Street number 7.

Heres a map of the tube lines =)

This has been such a help! Thank you so much for writing this!

Thanks Tania you’ve helped me too :grinning::grinning::grinning:

Im also travelling solo and staying at Wombats and I’ve booked an airport transfer through TopDeck. Its a little extra than public transport, but it eases my mind! :stuck_out_tongue:

London is super easy to navigate. The tube is great and there are staff everywhere to help you get where you need to go. It looks overwhelming, but it’s better than a taxi. Uber is also another option. :slight_smile: