Grand European - leaving Aug 4th

Kia Ora - thought I would put on a quick message to see who else is booked on this trip? I’ve booked a seat along with my aussie flatmate and we are really looking forward to a fun 28days.8-)[br][br]If anyone has been on this trip before or has any good advice for the trip please pass on your thoughts.[br][br]For those going on earlier trips or have just been hope you have/had a wicked time!!! [br][br]Be seeing you August 4th!:)[br][br]Ang:)

Hi there Angela! [br][br]I’m doing this trip and I cannot wait!![br][br]I’m a 21 yo (22 next week) Aussie/Kiwi and I’m ready to let off some steam as I will be finishing my uni degree about a month before the trip.[br][br]Anyone else out there?[br][br]Kristy

Hey Guys,[br][br]Just letting you know that I’ll be onboard too! Im travelling with me best mate Michael - I’m 21, he’s 22. We’re from brisbane and very keen to get over there!! I’m in my last ever week of uni exams at the moment - so the trip is a bit of a post uni holiday… Cant wait to meet everyone - I’m sure a month on the same bus should be enough :wink: I look forward to plenty of drunken shenanigans with you all in due course. [br][br]cya then

[br][br]Hi there - great to hear from some more people doing the trip!! Congrats on finishing your uni exams myself & Erin know how hard they can be!![br][br]Yes we’ll be keen for a few drinks or two along the way through out the trip - counting down the weeks only 7 to go!![br][br]Look forward to meeting you both in August - if you’re arriving early to London and wanted to meet up first drop us a line.[br][br]Ang & Erin :)[br][br]Ang:)

[quote]Originally posted by TDBen[br]
Hey Guys,[br][br]Just letting you know that I’ll be onboard too! Im travelling with me best mate Michael - I’m 21, he’s 22. We’re from brisbane and very keen to get over there!! I’m in my last ever week of uni exams at the moment - so the trip is a bit of a post uni holiday… Cant wait to meet everyone - I’m sure a month on the same bus should be enough :wink: I look forward to plenty of drunken shenanigans with you all in due course. [br][br]cya then[br][/quote][br][br]Hi Ben!! I’m also from Brisbane and also finishing my last week of uni exams - 7 days to go! I’ll be seeing you on the tour in August.[br][br]cya[br]Kristy

Hey guys![br][br]I just got back from the Grand European! It was WICKED!!! Staff were fantastic (Mon, Mandy and Kosta you ROCK!) and the weather was perfect!!! Im so jealous, i’d do it again for sure… Your gonna have a blast! Croatia rocks, best location ever![br][br]Have fun…[br][br]Claire NZ

[quote]Originally posted by CLAIRE_WOOP[br]
Hey guys![br][br]I just got back from the Grand European! It was WICKED!!! Staff were fantastic (Mon, Mandy and Kosta you ROCK!) and the weather was perfect!!! Im so jealous, i’d do it again for sure… Your gonna have a blast! Croatia rocks, best location ever![br][br]Have fun…[br][br]Claire NZ[br][/quote][br][br]awesome! Thanks for the feedback - can’t wait!

Ok that’s it… uni is over forever and now I’m counting down the days till our trip! C’mon people, surely there is more than just a few of us going… Show Yourself!!

Hi, I just booked this tour yesterday after the Summer Fun and Sailing tour departing August 8th was cancelled. I’m really looking forward to the trip and count me in for the “drunken shenanigans” that are sure to take place. I’m from Chicago and I’m traveling alone so I’m glad to get in contact with my fellow tourmates. My flight arrives late on July 31st so I’ll have a few days to enjoy London before the tour departs. If anyone is interested in meeting for a few drinks before the tour, let me know. I’ll probably stay at the Globetrotter the night before the tour but not sure about the other days I’m in London.[br][br]Cheers,[br]Bob[br]

hi Bob[br][br]Sorry to hear your original tour was cancelled… I’m sure youll have fun on this one nonetheless.[br][br]I am finally finished uni too, Ben, can’t believe it![br][br]5 weeks or so to go![br][br]

Hey guys… very excited for you all. I am on the same tour in September, make sure you all post your experinces when you get back!!![br][br]Hope you all have a great time!!![br][br]B

:sunglasses: You’re gonna have such a wicked time. i’ll be exactly 2 wks behind you on the same tour. My best friend Gabby who’s from melb will be on ur tour so you’ll get to meet her - she’s an awesome chic. i couldn’t make the 4aug one due to work commitments but i’m looking fwd to the 18 aug one. pity i couldn’t make this one, all you guys sound like fun. no-one’s replied to my msg yet so i’m hoping there’s lots of other people going. [br][br]enjoy your tour, it’s gonna be such an experience, i’m so excited.[br][br]Cheers Vicki :slight_smile:

Hi Kristy, thanks for your reply. Although I’m disappointed that I won’t be able to go Greek Island sailing on this tour, I think the additional five days of touring and the stops in Croatia, Prague and Barcelona more than make up for it. The cancellation of my original tour is starting to look like a fortunate turn of events for me![br][br]Congratulations to both you and Ben on finishing uni. I can’t think of a better way of celebrating that accomplishment than touring Europe for 28 days.[br][br]Has anyone purchased their travel insurance yet? I booked this tour online and I’m not sure where I can purchase travel insurance other than with Topdeck.[br][br]

Hi Bob, nice of you to join us :). I didn’t see any requirement for ‘topdeck specific’ travel insurance - I think any generic insurance policy is adequate. Most travel agents have policies available at reasonable prices… Cya soon[br]Ben

Hey Everyone,[br][br]I’m also booked on the 28 Days :sunglasses: Just thought I’d drop a line saying to check out our itinery as you do have to have certain things covered in your insurance policy :wink: [br]Looking forward to the trip,[br]Erin

Hi Guys,[br][br]I’m also booked on this tour. Can’t wait!! I’m coming over from Melbourne and i’ll be staying at the Globetrotter for a couple of nights before the tour leaves. Hope to catch some of you for a drink before we go.[br][br]Gab :)[br][br][br]

Welcome to the group Gab and Erin! I’m arriving in London late on 31 July so I’d definitely like to meet for a drink before we depart. I plan on staying at Globetrotter the night before but I may stay somewhere else on the other nights. I was in London last summer and stayed at a hostel called St. Christopher’s Village and had a blast so I may stay there a couple of nights before the tour. It’s closer to central London than Globetrotter so it’s cheaper and more convenient to travel to the tourist sites from there.[br][br]If anyone is still looking for travel insurance, I found a website called insuremytrip.com where you can get instant quotes and compare the plans side-by-side.[br][br]Cheers, [br]Bob[br]

Hey Everyone![br]In London they advertise insureandgo.co.uk as one of the leading and cheapest insurances plans! Haven’t got it myself but it might be worth checking out :slight_smile: Cat Empire are playing the night before the tour, so won’t be able to make those beforehand drinks but will catch up on them during the tour ;)[br]Getting very excited,[br]Erin

Hi all, [br]My name is Ariana and I’m Australian currently residing in the UK. My good friend Bek (also Australian) and I are also booked onto the 4 August trip and staying at Globetrotter the night before. Hope to see some of you guys in the bar![br]a.

Did anyone mention that they were going on a Topdeck tour when they made their reservation at Globetrotter for the night before our departure? I’m traveling alone so I wondered if they might put me in a room with other people on the tour.