Grand European 28th July 09

Hey Guys,[br][br]Just figured i’d be unimaginative and do what everyone else seems to be doing and create a group just for our tour ;)[br][br]So if you’re on the BEST TOUR EVER aka Grand European 28th July 2009 then make yourself known 8-)[br][br]Look forward to meeting you all soon ;D[br][br][br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European 28th July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland 5th September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

Anyone?? I know there’s a few of you out there 8-)[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European 28th July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland 5th September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

Hey Nicole[br][br]I’ll be on the same tour. How exciting!! ;D[br][br]I’m traveling alone on the tour so looking to befriend some people beforehand if possible![br][br]Where are you from?[br][br]P

Hey Patrick![br]Good to meet someone else![br]I think that’s 5 of us now Nic??[br]yay :)[br]I’m travelling alone too. I’m from Sydney and I’m 23.[br]Where you from?[br][br][br]Colina[br][br]…grand european…[br]…July 28th 2009…

Hi Patrick, nice to meet you!! Yeah always keen to meet people before the start of the trip. Colina and i have been chatting for a while now and have also met a couple of others along the way (they’ll prob jump on this post soon enough lol).[br][br]I’m travelling solo as well, am 26 and from Newcastle, Australia.[br][br]Where you from?? Also are you staying at the Generator the night before the tour too??[br][br]Yeah i think that makes 5 now Colina… how exciting!!![br][br]Only 7 weeks to go til our tour starts ;D[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European 28th July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland 5th September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

Hi Everyone[br][br]Nicole - good idea about setting up our own little group!![br][br]we have 49 days until we set of for paris - whoooop!!! SO excited![br][br]For those I haven’t yet spoke to, im Kristeena, 21 from not so sunny England![br][br]I also think I am now planning to stay at the generator hostel the night before too! Stops me having to get up at about 4.30 am and then that way we can all meet properly![br][br]Question - any of you up for a bit of skydiving in austria - I so am!![br][br]Hope everyone is doing well![br][br]Kristeena :)[br][br][br]

Hey again Kristeena 8-)[br][br]I thought it would be a good idea to create this topic just to be able to talk to people from our tour because i’ve met so many people on these forums i can’t keep track of who i’ll actually be travelling with lol[br][br]Sorry but i won’t be jumping out of a perfectly good aeroplane with you lol… but it does sound like fun if i wasn’t such a massive chicken! ;)[br][br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European 28th July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland 5th September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

Not long to go now!![br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European 28th July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland 5th September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

Hi Ladies,[br][br]I’m 24, living in Melbourne at them moment. Moved down here about 2.5 years ago. Grew up in Canberra though all my life (yes, lets here the jokes now…c’mon get them out of the way!)[br][br]I arrive at Heathrow on the Sunday at 6am. I am staying at the globetrotter. I actually just found a video of the place on uTube. It’s pretty interesting, check it out[br][br]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUeosZZoKCQ[br][br]Nicole, I know a friend that went on the same tour as ours and she said the swiss alps skydrive out the helicopter is unforgettable. She was nervous also but said she’ll never forget it. My advise would be just to do it, don’t live to regret anything! [br][br]I’m getting pretty pumped now actually, I’m almost in countdown mode now. Still some bits and pieces to sort out. Just looking for some stuff to do around London before the trip starts. Any suggestions?[br][br]We will all need to tee up before the tour starts and get a head start on our comrades! [br][br]P[br]

Hey Patrick :)[br]No canberra jokes will be coming from me as i lived there out of CHOICE for the last 4 years! [br]I don’t see why people joke about it in the first place. Gotta love O’Malleys and Moose Heads![br]I’ve had my trashiest nights in the nation’s capital! haha[br][br]Been back in Syd for the last 9 months so with the fam to save some money for this trip.[br][br]Yeah the Globetrotter does look pretty good, but I have chosen to stay at Palmer’s Lodge North London I think it is - but the Generator the night before.[br]We should all definately meet up for drinks the night before yeah?[br][br]Only 30 sleeps I think as of today till I leave. Leaving on the 22nd :)[br][br]Hope everyone’s getting excited![br][br][br][br]…Colina…[br]…Grand European - July 28th 2009…[br]?The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.? - Saint Augustine

No Canberra jokes from me either Patrick, i happen tohave some great friends who live down there so i visit all the time and i really like the place. [br][br]How is it that you’re staying at the Globetrotter? i thought that place was closing down and that’s why the tour is now leaving from the Generator. I will be staying at the Generator the night before our tour starts and also on the last day of our tour. Colina, I only recently decided to book the last day coz you never know what might happen with traffic etc. and i don’t particular want to be trying to find my way around london with a suitcase late at night. [br][br]As for the skydiving, still not convinced so we’ll have to wait and see how courageous i get ;D[br][br]London has SOO much to see and do. i found this link on another post and thought it looked sooooo touristy that if it wasn’t fun then it could at least be a huge laugh! ;D
http://www.theoriginaltour.com/
[br][br][br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European 28th July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland 5th September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

Hey guys,[br][br]I’m on the same tour. Less than 3 weeks to go!![br][br]I’m a Melbourne girl, 27, doing the tour solo and can’t wait to get out of this cold and see the sun again. I’m doing a week in the Greek islands before the tour! Wooohooo.[br][br]Looking forward to meeting everyone![br][br]Joey[br][br]PS. Do we need to take a sleeping bag…i’m a little unorganised![br]

Hey guys,[br][br]I’m on the same tour. Less than 3 weeks to go!![br][br]I’m a Melbourne girl, 27, doing the tour solo and can’t wait to get out of this cold and see the sun again. I’m doing a week in the Greek islands before the tour! Wooohooo.[br][br]Looking forward to meeting everyone![br][br]Joey[br][br]PS. Do we need to take a sleeping bag…i’m a little unorganised![br]

Hey Joey :)[br]nice to meet you![br][br]Yeah i’m taking a sleeping bag. only coz i’m moving to the uk afterward on a 2 year visa, so i figure i’ll need it when it gets insanely freezing cold :)[br][br]but if you’re there just over summer, you might just need one of those silk liner sheets.[br]not sure though since i’ve never travelled outside of oz yet![br][br][br]…Colina…[br]…Grand European - July 28th 2009…[br]?The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.? - Saint Augustine

haha. I’m sure I’ve probably seen you at moose before! Small world ey?[br][br]I just come to the realisation that I’m not actually staying at globetrotter. I don’t know why I thought that and how in the hell I managed to convince myself plus find a video of it on uTube ;D!!! I’m actually staying at the generator as well. My bad.[br][br]Joey, welcome to the July 28th crew! Yes, I would recommend taking a sleeping bag. I’m not yet believing the weather will be any better than what it is in Melbourne at the moment. I remain a skeptical… [br][br]We should all meet up sometime before the tour starts in London. Any suggestions?[br][br]P

hey patrick[br]haha yeah i bet i’ll meet you and be like ‘oh yeah! i’ve seen you before!’ VERY small place. [br][br]yeah the globetrotter was OLD news! haha[br][br]the generator (or ‘penetrator’ as i’ve heard it being called!) will be maybe a good place to all meet up at.[br]how long will u be in london before the tour?[br]i’ll be there for about 4 full days before the tour[br][br]…Colina…[br]…Grand European - July 28th 2009…[br]?The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.? - Saint Augustine

Hey Guys and Girls, [br][br]How is everyone, we have 36 days until we leave - oh my godness soo excited![br][br]I’m planning to stay in the generator the night before departure(27th)and was wondering what everyone had booked, a private room a dorm? Its my first time staying in a hostel so its all new to me so any help would be appreciated![br][br]For all those discussing skydiving - SO has to be done! Will be terrifying im sure but so worth it![br][br]Really excited about the trip now and looking forward to meeting everyone.[br][br]Luggage question - is everyone using like a proper travelling rucksack or are people taking suitcases? [br][br]Kristeena xx

Hey Joey nice to meet you! I was just thinking how great it’ll be to leave these clouds behind and head to Europe for the summer. I’m a solo travel too (i think the majority of people are, well the ones i’ve met anyway;D)You will need to pack a sleeping bag, it’s on the list that Top Deck provides. I bought one of those extremely small travel ones that fits in the palm of my hand from the gogogear website. I also have a satin pillowcase and sleep sheet for the hostel (no bed bugs for me!! lol). You’ll have to tell me about what to see and do at the Greek Islands coz i’m going there as my last port of call. [br][br]Patrick, i’m glad to help you come to that realisation ;D I just have this image of you (or just a guy) standing out the front of a hostel bag in hand and the whole place boarded up! lol Probably not funny if it actually happened though. I’m staying at the Generator the night before our tour (and also the night our tour ends). Seems heaps of people are staying there that night so i reckon we’ll all meet that day and start the ‘getting to know you’ stuff :p[br][br]Kristeena, i’m not sure what type of room my travel agent booked me. I hope it’s a private or at least a smaller dorm coz it will officially be my first night out of my comfort zone so i’ll be extra weary about my security and my stuff. I probably won’t be sleeping a wink anyway, tour starting the next day and all!!! As for luggage, i hurt my back last year so the thought of a backpack on it doesn’t wuite appeal at all. I have heard the stories of cobbled streets and narrow staircases but i’m still bringing a suitcase. I just think i can be more organised that way too, for packing and re-packing each day. [br][br]My turn to ask you guys- coz we’re going to be over there in summer but then we’re going up the mountain in switzerland how much warm stuff are you packing and what is it???[br][br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European 28th July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland 5th September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

Nicole,[br][br]I’m just taking two jumpers/hoodies and a jacket.[br][br]P

Yeah I have no idea what sort of room my agent booked me into either. I think it will probably be a mixed dorm since I didn’t specify anything else.[br]I don’t expect to be sleeping much at all the night before anyway either![br][br]Nic as you know i’m moving over there after the tour anyway, so I’ll have my bag packed with a mixture of different clothes.[br]I think it’s important anyway for you to bring a warm jacket. I bought a very cool black waterproof warm jacket from Kathmandu and I that that will be pretty good.[br]Other than that, I’ll have some other jackets and jumpers.[br][br]i have no idea how i’m going to fit everything into my backpack seriously…[br]i’m doing a practise run later today! yay! lol[br][br][br][br]…Colina…[br]…Grand European - July 28th 2009…[br]?The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.? - Saint Augustine