Grand european 25sep07

Hi,[br][br]Is anyone doing the Grand European departing from London on the 25th September, or is anyone doing the Barcelona to Prague tour departing on the 30th September.[br][br]Hope so![br][br]Meegs

Hi,[br][br]I’m going on a tour around Europe on the 25th of September leaving from London and ending in London on the 16th of October. I’m going on the Europe Uncovered tour. I’m not sure if that is the same as yours?[br][br]Megan.

i dont think its the same one but have fun!!

Hi Meegs, [br]I’m doing the grand european starting on the 25th sept and cant wait![br]Where in Australia u from? I’m from Perth.[br][br]Anyways if ya wanna chat about anything email me on sophieformika@hotmail.com[br][br]Soph[br]

Hi Sophie![br][br]Im from Sydney and my friend that is doing the tour with me is from Adelaide.[br][br]We are both 21![br][br]How bout you?[br][br]Its good to find sum1 else who is doing this tour![br][br]meegs

hello meggs, My name is olivia, and I booked the Grand European Tour for the 25th of Sept(last GD) I’m going over with my best friend.[br]I booked it all today thru flight centre, they were so helpful. We’re staying in the globetrotter for 3 nights b4 hand doing the london break package. then the fun really begins! I’m so excited, paying the deposit for everything, made it so real. We’re from the Blue Mountains, how bout you?

hi olivia![br]o0o0o seems this tour is startin to fill up![br]i am from merrylands - nxt to parramatta.[br]my friend is from the barossa valley in adelaide.[br]i know the whole deposit makes it so real![br]we’ve got our tickets issued and it became even more real![br]its ughhh hahahaha[br]so looking forward to it![br]how old r u guys?[br]ciao[br]meegs

we’re both 18. this is something we’ve been wanting to do since year 11, travel Europe that is. We’re from the Blue Mountains, not far. [br]Our final payments are due on the 30th July, I’m so nervous I won’t make it.[br]Are you staying in London b4 the tour.[br]We’re doing the 3 day London Package, staying at the Globetrotter, we couldn’t get into the holiday Inn. We’ll be in London on the 22nd. [br]Have you thought about packing? We were kinda just wondering what size jacket to take, like a big one or just lots of hoodies and cardis?that’s our major packing concern, because if we don’t pack enough warmth, that’s gonna expensive. but we don’t want to overload on jackets. [br]I guess I’m just nervous.[br]We’re also stopping over in Thailand on the way home, we’ve got 4 nights in Koh Samui. [br]Airfares, Airport transfers, 4 nights in a 3 star beachside resort incl b’fast, is only another 500 onto the total cost. yay! Europe trip, Thailand, come home with a tan. yay. [br]now to just pay it off. [br]ciao.how old are you?[br]

Hi[br][br]Its great to see some other people are doing this tour. [br]I am 24 and from New Zealand and travelling by myself. I am really looking forward to it, I can’t wait!

Hi[br][br]Its great to see some other people are doing this tour. [br]I am 24 and from New Zealand and travelling by myself. I am really looking forward to it, I can’t wait!

hi olivia![br]me n my friend are 21![br]im seeing a great mix of people.[br]we join the tour in barcelona on the 30th sept.[br]i jst went out and bought my travel pack today! so excited![br]its 102 days before i leave! woooo[br]& sandybee im glad we have a kiwi![br]

sandy, [br]what’s a travel pack?[br]are u taking a satchel (side) bag or a backpack?[br]I’m so excited![br]Camera, or video camera?[br]Cash, debit (keycard) or travelex or credit?[br]how many coats or jackets are u taking?[br]who are u flying with? any stopovers?[br]how is ur trip planned, besides joining in barcelona?[br][br]Kate and I leave on the 21st of Sept, we are flying Thai, and we have one night in the Bangkok Airport Hotel. [br]We then have three nights at the globetrotter doing the tour package there.[br]Then, THE TOUR!!![br]Then one night back in London, then back to Thailand, then we have 4 nights in Koh Samui, at a beach side resort![br]Yay![br]What a trip, I am looking forward to it.[br]I’m so nervous though.[br]Hear from you soon.[br]Livia.[font=Georgia]

hey livia,[br]we both leave aus on the 25th sep. and flying into amsterdam. we are meeting there[br]im flying malaysian & amy is flying air france.[br]we have 4 nts in amsterdam before flying to meet the tour in barcelona. we finish our tour in prague, where we have an extra night accom before flying to london.[br]then having a night with my friends sister in london before doin a contiki london & paris tour. then im flying home and amy is going onto explore germany.[br]travel pack is a backpack. i aint lugging a suitcase round - especially the kinds of places we’ll b stayin at.[br]im takin a cam - has a vid cam if i need it - with an extra memory card.[br]i havent thought about the clothing situation yet! i spose watever fits in my bag! hahaha[br]i cant wait. only 99 days to go![br]

Hi Sandy and Olivia![br]I’m sophie and doin the tour too starting on the 25th. I’m 24 from W.A and doing it on my own also Sandy! I’m spending a month in europe prior to the tour and Gettin a bit nervous now but on the other hand I cant freakin wait![br][br]My email is sophieformika@hotmail.com if ya wanna chat sometime![br][br]Soph

Hi Everyone[br][br]Yeh i am glad to know there is someone else donig the tour on their own, I was seriously beginning to think I would be the only![br]I am flying via LA and arrive in London on the 21st September. I am going to stay with a friend for a few days and I still have to book the Globetrotter Inn for the night before our tour. I am staying on in London after the tour ends and do my OE, hoopefully find a job and do some more travelling.[br]To be honest I haven’t even thought of any of the things mentioned in the other posts! I am the most disorganised person and tend to think that things will organise themselves! Haha, probably not the best option to take in this case and I should start to think about a few things that I will need. I was going to take a backpack, just thought it would be easier to carry and put things in, and because I already have quite a good one.[br][br]Just a general question in relation to the travel pack - are people taking suitcases or packs? I was planning on taking a suitcase, thought it would be easier to pack and unpack etc and find things in. What is everyone else taking?[br][br]3 Months to go tomorrow until I leave, yeh I can’t wait - still so much to do.[br]

Hi Everyone[br][br]Yeh i am glad to know there is someone else donig the tour on their own, I was seriously beginning to think I would be the only![br]I am flying via LA and arrive in London on the 21st September. I am going to stay with a friend for a few days and I still have to book the Globetrotter Inn for the night before our tour. I am staying on in London after the tour ends and do my OE, hoopefully find a job and do some more travelling.[br]To be honest I haven’t even thought of any of the things mentioned in the other posts! I am the most disorganised person and tend to think that things will organise themselves! Haha, probably not the best option to take in this case and I should start to think about a few things that I will need. I was going to take a backpack, just thought it would be easier to carry and put things in, and because I already have quite a good one.[br][br]Just a general question in relation to the travel pack - are people taking suitcases or packs? I was planning on taking a suitcase, thought it would be easier to pack and unpack etc and find things in. What is everyone else taking?[br][br]3 Months to go tomorrow until I leave, yeh I can’t wait - still so much to do.[br]

i am takin a travel pack - just because i thought it would be easier to lug around than a suitcase. [br]u can get travel packs that are like suitcases - well mine is. they fully open up they may not be as big as a suitcase, but they are pretty easy to carry. there is so much support! the only thing is they are a bit smaller.

Hi there.If you have the choice, a pack is the best option in my opinion. The main reason is that you can wear it and your hands are free to hold on during bus/train rides etc. Also, on my first trip to Europe I had a suitaces and it ended up way too heavy and lugging it around (by myself) was really hard! Packs tend to ensure you don’t over-pack and are much easier to transport (which you will be doing a lot of on the tour!). Best wishes for your trip. Just thought I would share some advice from my experiences!

in regards to the previous topic, I’ve decided to take a medium sized suitcase, it suits me, and so yeah.[br]Anyway, what I cam on to say to our fellow travellers is…[br]ready for it!!!..[br]I’ve paid my trip off!!![br]yayayayayyay![br]Kate and I paid it off today, all done.[br]All we are doing now is saving for spending money![br]Now comes the hard part.[br]I’ve pretty bought all the clothes I’ll need.[br]Hey, also, are you guys registering with smarttraveller.gov.au (aussies)?[br]Anything else I should know about!?[br]54 days till Kate and I leave![br]Woohoo![br]paid off![br]Yay![br]ciao.[br]See you round. Maybe we should meet up in Europe sometime.[br]See you there![br]hahaha.[br]Sorry, I’m just so excited!

hahaha olivia, im glad to hear your excitied![br]its 56 days til i go! woo counting down the days![br]i registered with smarttraveller - its proly a good thing to do[br]and also make sure u have travel insurance![br]im going to pay my trip off soon[br]and i hope getting my tax back will help![br]the more money the beta - but i just had to pay my car insurance :([br]anyways cant wait till the trip!![br]wooo[br]ciao!