Grand European 18th September

Hi, is anyone else going on this trip? I’m currently in Germany and am really excited to see more of Europe! I’ll be staying at the Clink from the 15th if anyone wants to come sightseeing with me :slight_smile:

Hey Jess!

I’m on this tour as well and will be in staying at the Clink from the 16th. Definitely keen to do some sightseeing :slight_smile:

Excellent! Will you be arriving straight from Aus?

Yep, I leave Aus on the 15th, have a stop over in Singapore for a few hours, then land in London at around 6am on the 16th.

Oh wow! If you’re anything like me you’ll spend the first day sleeping! I recommend a squinchy pillow, earplugs and eye mask for the plane. And the latter two come in handy for sleeping in hostels :slight_smile:

I’m hoping that I’ll be too excited to sleep, definitely want to try and stay awake as long as I can so the jetlag isn’t too bad!

Thanks for the tip on earplugs, will have to get some. I bought my squinchy pillow a few weeks ago, just need to get an eyemask.

Would love to do some sightseeing if you’re around after I’ve dropped my bags at the Clink :slight_smile:

I’ve organised a London pass, as I’ve heard it’s useful for avoiding queues. http://www.londonpass.com/

I’ve been thinking of doing the same. A lot of people have told me to get one. Not sure if I’ll have enough time to get it sent to me, so I think I’ll have to pick it up in London.

Yeah I’m picking mine up in London. They have similar things in other European cities. I’m probably going to buy one in Paris for the Louvre etc and maybe one in Rome so I don’t have to line up for the Colosseum. But those I’ll buy in the cities.
I know it’s a bit nerdy of me to pan this stuff already, but I’ve found so far going to a big city without knowing what you want to see can lead to wandering around aimlessly all day and missing the cool stuff.

Haha, it’s not nerdy, I’m exactly the same. I’m a planner, especially when it comes to things like wanting to see the Eiffel Tower, Louvre, Colosseum etc. I’m glad that I’m not the only one! Will probably do the same as you, so that it cuts down the time standing in lines, that way I hopefully get to see a bit more :slight_smile:

I wonder if the tour has anything like that built in?

I don’t think it does, but I would think that the tour leader would have suggestions on the best ways to avoid lining up for a long time and if there’s a cheaper option.

If anyone is interested, I’m planning on going to a play at Shakespeare’s Globe on either the 15th (Taming of the Shrew at 2pm) or 16th (As you like it at 1pm). http://www.shakespearesglobe.com/theatre ;D

Not long to go now! Anyone keen to catch up for a drink or two on the 16th? :slight_smile:

HI GUYS I JUST BOOKED IT!!!
all the way from Colombia :slight_smile:
c u guys @ the clink the 17th
CANT WAIT. super nervous n excited

two weeks!! ;d

CANT WAIT! girls are u gonn bring any heels?? i dunno. wat u think?

I can’t believe how close it is now! I only have 3 days of work left then I’m officially on holidays.

I’m not going to take any heels Bratsch, they’ll take up room in my case and I figure if I want to wear heels I’ll buy some over there. :wink:

Hi guys. I’ll be joining the tour, but I’m only doing Roman Chariot. I’ll see you guys in Paris.

Also, I was thinking of purchasing museum passes for Paris, Florence, and Barcelona. just want to know if anyone else is interested :slight_smile:

Hey, I’m definitely going to get a pass for Paris. Not sure about the other places. So everyone who leaves on the same date travels together?