Grand Aussie 26/02/11

Hi,

I have just booked myself on the Grand Aussie tour starting on the 26th Feb from Sydney :slight_smile:

Iโ€™m really excited but a bit scared at the same time as I have nothing done anything like this before.

Just wondered if there was some other people on here who were doing the trip??

Message me if you are - help me put my nerves at ease :slight_smile:

S x

hi! i was thinking about going on this trip and am just about to book it! im in exactly the same position as you a solo traveller! how old are you? im nervous too but it should be fine and a lot of fun! xx

Hello,

Did you book your trip?

Iโ€™m 30 quite worried that I am going to be the oldest person on this trip!! :slight_smile:

I canโ€™t wait though ;D

S x

Hi Guys,

I have just come back from doing the โ€˜19 day Beach & bushโ€™ which doesnt quite go as far as the Grand Aussie (only Sydney to Alice Springs) & I had such a fantastic time!!!

I am 22 & was also travelling alone, as were most of my the people in my group & we all got on so well, even with the people travelling as couples.

Our group ranged in age from about 20 -34 but age really want an issue at all - nobody cares how old you are when you are all there to have fun.

& the tour guides are fantastic too - we had Leigh & Lana up the East Coast & Nat & Nifty in the Northern Territory. They all hung out with us, & there was no pressure to do anything you didnt want to do, but the opportunities were there & they recommend making the most of your time while you are there.

I was really nervous before (& after) I booked my trip but now I am so glad I did it. I have made so many new friends & a week after being back home, I am still on a Topdeck high! My only regret is that I didnt do the Grand Aussie all the way to Darwin!

So I guess what I am trying to say is go for it! & I hope you have a fantastic time like my new friends & I did.

Tracey :slight_smile:

Ahh Thanks Tracey - hopefully I will have an amazing time like you :slight_smile: x

hi tracey thankyou so much for your advice it really helps! well i am doing the grand aussie reverse and im really excited about it but really nervous! any advice on stuff to take with me?! also any must doโ€™s while im there?! so glad you had a great time!

Charlotte XXX