Footwear!?

Hey not sure if anyone’s discussed this yet but was just wanting to get some feedback from those who have gone about what kind of shoes you took and/or what you wore most of the time.[br][br]I was planning to take a pair of sneakers, a pair of dress/going out shoes and thongs.[br][br]The other question I had that I was hoping someone could answer is what kind of footwear is allowed in some of the places of interest like the louvre, sistine chapel, colosseum etc etc?[br][br]Thanks in advance![br][br]:)[br][br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Greek Islands Fun in the Sun

Hi Mike, footwear really depends on the time of year you’re travelling - I got really wet a few times in April/may last year, and was really glad to have two pairs of walking shoes so I could put dry ones on in the morning! But if you’re travelling in July then the three pairs sounds fine. As far as footwear allowed at the sights, anyhting goes. The only place we had to worry was Istanbul and the Blue Mosque, we had to remove our shoes there :)[br][br]Melanie[br][br]Red Star Special[br]26 July 2009

Great thanks Mel! :)[br][br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Greek Islands Fun in the Sun

This is what i wanted to know as well. I’m trying to be prepared for Europe weather and UK weather. Shoes is definately a bit of a confusion for me as i’m still not sure what i’m gonna take. [br][br]I, like everyone else am trying to keep the weight limit down so i was thinking 1 pair of dressy shoes (heels or ballerina style), 2 pairs of walking shoes (probably canvas shoes and sneakers for the cold mountain) and thongs… can’t live without my thongs! 8-)[br][br][br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands