Food on tour?

Hi, i’m planning to take the 48d camping tour next year. For you who have been on top deck tours, what was the food like? What were your normally served for breakfast? lunch? dinner? Variated or mostly the same stuff? Any problems for vegetarians? [br][br]I’ve been on some other tours before and I’m fearing that it will be the same sandwich for lunch for 48 days…

[quote]Originally posted by ziesta[br]
Hi, i’m planning to take the 48d camping tour next year. For you who have been on top deck tours, what was the food like? What were your normally served for breakfast? lunch? dinner? Variated or mostly the same stuff? Any problems for vegetarians? [br][br]I’ve been on some other tours before and I’m fearing that it will be the same sandwich for lunch for 48 days…[br][/quote][br][br]kitsch

Jaya… that didnt help at all… Anyone with a more useful reply? Please… :slight_smile:

Mate, Top Deck food is awesome. Heaps of variety, all really fresh and healthy and most of the time they try and cook stuff that’s local to the area you’re visiting (we had snails in Paris, fondue in Switzerland etc). Our cook, Jane (go Jane, you rock!) made a real effort to cater for everyone’s tastes, including vegetarians. I can speak from experience when I say that you will not be disappointed about this part of your tour - real value for money.

The food rocks. I’ve done a fair bit of travelling and finding three square meals a day can be a nightmare. On topdeck the food was ready and waiting when we got back from a hard days sightseeing. And top notch chow it was too. Bloody awesome. The only way to travel.[br][br]I did London to Athens tour August 2005. [br][br]:)[br]Paul Hill[br][br][quote]Originally posted by ziesta[br]
Hi, i’m planning to take the 48d camping tour next year. For you who have been on top deck tours, what was the food like? What were your normally served for breakfast? lunch? dinner? Variated or mostly the same stuff? Any problems for vegetarians? [br][br]I’ve been on some other tours before and I’m fearing that it will be the same sandwich for lunch for 48 days…[br][/quote]

Thanks guys! :slight_smile:

Sometimes the food is good and sometimes it sucks. And sometimes it just run out and the cook will say ‘There is nothing I can do about it!’. So I would have to buy food out with my own money dispite paying for the food kitty.

I wonder if the restaurants selected by Topdeck eurohotel tours are good or bland? I have looked at reviews on contiki restaurants, and most say it’s bland, overpriced and crap.

btw, I am not a picky eater for 5 star michelin food from Gordon Ramsay, but I do prefer edible food that is worth the price we paid.

Food is crap. Any place they recomend I would stay away from because my personal guess is that topdeck or the tour leaders get kickbacks.

And don’t even get me started on the glass, leather, cheese, perfume, schnapps stuff they conveniently take you to.

I did a hostel tour and the food that was prepared by the chefs on site in Switzerland, Venice and Rome was I think some of the best tasting food I had on tour, a couple of the included dinners were shit but we just got something extra afterwards

I found the food great on the camping tour, everyones dietary needs were catered to (veg, gluten free) and there was always tons of leftovers

you didn’t like it matt?? Jarrad was the best! :stuck_out_tongue: