Flu Shot

Hi all,[br][br]Just wondering who is planning on getting a flu shot before their tour?[br][br]For those who have been, did you get one before going?[br][br]Thanks[br][br]Mike[br][br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Greek Islands Fun in the Sun

Hey Mike,[br]I would only get the flu shot if you get the flu/colds easily. If you’ve never had the shot before it can mess you up. I got one at work about a month ago and was crook for about a week after it.[br]I’ve been one trips/tours before and never really suffered so I wouldnt bother.[br][br]Christine[br]European Getaway May 2009

Hey Mike,[br][br]I’ve had the flu shot the last few years with no dramas…& i got it again this year just in case. [br]I did a contiki tour a few years ago & got this crazy cough/cold thing along with just about everyone on the bus…so I’ll be stocking up on the cold & flu tablets to bring with me[br][br]hope you have a great trip![br]cheers :slight_smile:

i got the flu shot (as well as Hep A&B - cos i was planning on going to bali as well) and I also got pretty sick on the tour…[br][br]i reccommend taking echinacea as well all throughout the tour just to help fight off colds :)[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

[quote]Originally posted by whirlsie[br]
i got the flu shot (as well as Hep A&B - cos i was planning on going to bali as well) and I also got pretty sick on the tour…[br][br]i reccommend taking echinacea as well all throughout the tour just to help fight off colds :)[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak[br][/quote][br][br]Whirlsie, Are you saying you got the flu shot but still got sick on a tour?[br][br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Greek Islands Fun in the Sun

Bump…Anyone else?[br][br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Greek Islands Fun in the Sun

yeah im getting one. ive just heard a few things about people getting sick on bus tours, better to be safe than sorry :)[br][br]Alicia[br][br]Europe Uncovered [br]July 2009

We can only get them in Britain if you fall into the “at risk” category- like having asthma or being elderly etc. I bet I?m gonna get ill on the trip. I’ve already stocked up on some cold & flu tablets just in case.[br][br]Loubelle[br][br]Generator Hostel 10th & 24th June[br]European Wonder 11th-24th June[br]

We can only get them in Britain if you fall into the “at risk” category- like having asthma or being elderly etc. I bet I?m gonna get ill on the trip. I’ve already stocked up on some cold & flu tablets just in case.[br][br]Loubelle[br][br]Generator Hostel 10th & 24th June[br]European Wonder 11th-24th June[br]

hi mike[br][br]yes i did… but i was also very run down when i left for europe… and wasnt feeling great before i left. as soon as i stopped taking the echinaccea i got sick as the ecchinacea was keeping it at bay :)[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

hi all, just a thought. the flu shot only protects you from the influenza virus (this is the proper flu, where you can barely get out of bed you are so lethargic) -you can still get a cold, which a lot of people refer to as the ‘flu’[br][br]A cold (one which can be helped with cold and flu tablets, or vitamins) cannot be prevented by getting a flu shot.[br][br]But still, probably worth having if youre sharing a bus with a group of people for a month. nice environment to share germs in close space :)[br][br]I think I’ll get the flu shot, it can’t hurt. even if i get side-effects, i don’t leave for my trip for a while.

Thanks guys I’m still not sure about whether to get it or not. I’ve heard of some people getting pretty bad side effects and also heard if you’re young you don’t really need it.[br][br]confused[br][br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Greek Islands Fun in the Sun

Does it hurt??? lol I hate injections…[br][br][br]European Wonder 6th August -19th August 2009[br][br]Then Barcelona, Ibiza and Tomantina baby!!![br]:-*:o:-[8-);D[^][v]xx([8]:o)::):-/B):stuck_out_tongue: