Flights

Hey there,

I am looking into a timeless trail in may/june 2011. I am very excited but nervous at the same time, holidaying solo for the first time.
In terms of flights, airlines suggested to me have mainly been etihad and qatar who have good deals at the minute. who is everyone else flying with to europe? I need to book quickly as I know that availability for topdeck and airfares sales are finishing soon. Any recommendations are very helpful.

Also, I am generally not a good flyer - i get very nervous. I think i will love the trip, as long as i can get through the flight. Any tips to help me with this also would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Cathy,

Have you looked at Virgin Atlantic? They have deals at the moment on economy and premium economy. They fly via Hong Kong into London. From there it’s really easy to get connecting flights if you want, as well as being able to collect Velocity points with Virgin that you can use here in Australia.

Hope this helps!

Hi Cathy,
I’m booked on the Grand European Tour that departs April 5 2011.
This is my first time travelling solo aswell, so I’m a little nervous myself. I’m hoping there will be plenty of people around my age and Im hoping to meet some people that are going on the same tour beforehand.
I booked my flights with Emirates. They fly from Brisbane to Dubai and then from Dubai to London.
At the time of booking a few weeks ago, they were by far the cheapest.

As for the flying thing, the best advice I can give is just drink plenty of water and keep yourself distracted with an ipod or something, this will make the trip go much faster and if you drink plenty of water, you may not feel as queasy.

Hope this has helped,
Matt :slight_smile:

Hey Cathy,

I’ve booked and paid for a one way ticket with Etihad to London via my travel agent - got a very good deal (they were the best price) for $971. I would recommend shopping around AND DEFINITELY war two competiting companies off each other :slight_smile: I got such a good price BECAUSE I shopped around and got a price beat from another company. Otherwise the cheapest was $1180!

As for the plane - I usually just read a book because that calms me :slight_smile: I’ll be taking at least two just in case I get bored of one of them!! :slight_smile: Plus the free alcohol on international flights is always a bonus ;)…just be careful not to drink too much! ;D
Good luck!

Nat

I am going with Etihad return from Sydney. I have looked into most airlines as i didnt know many others than Qantas. Hope you find the airline that suits you best.

[quote=21199]Hey Cathy,

I’ve booked and paid for a one way ticket with Etihad to London via my travel agent - got a very good deal (they were the best price) for $971. I would recommend shopping around AND DEFINITELY war two competiting companies off each other :slight_smile: I got such a good price BECAUSE I shopped around and got a price beat from another company. Otherwise the cheapest was $1180!

As for the plane - I usually just read a book because that calms me :slight_smile: I’ll be taking at least two just in case I get bored of one of them!! :slight_smile: Plus the free alcohol on international flights is always a bonus ;)…just be careful not to drink too much! ;D
Good luck!

Nat[/quote]

Thanks you for the post.