Explorer Trips!

Hey guys,[br][br]Just wondering if anyone has done any of the explorer trips? I did a hotel tour with topdeck last year which was fabulous and wanted to know if the smaller trips are very different![br][br]Thanks heaps!!!

I’m glad you asked this Siobhan, i just received the new Top Deck catalogue and know which euroclub trip i’m doing but now there’s a new explorer trip which covers Britain and Ireland and i’m interested in doing that as well. Would love to know the difference between them. What i could gather from the catalogue is that trip sizes are much smaller .[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European 2009 :slight_smile:

Hi Nicole,[br][br]Oh cool - i havent seen the new brochure yet so ill have to grab one asap! The Britain and Ireland one sounds really good - i actually spoke to a friend who just got back from europe and did two trips (one an explorer) and she said both were great!!![br][br]Have you booked your trip for next year yet?[br][br]Siobhan

oh i cant believe they are now doing one for britain and ireland!! i would have LOVED to have done that when i went this year!![br][br]bugger!! :([br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

Yeah the trip looks really good! It does Wales, Scotland, Ireland and a bit of Britain and it goes for 15 nights. Which i personally think is plenty of time when you consider how small those places are![br][br]Siobhan, i’m booking my trip this weekend (SO EXCITED!!). I;m actually booking it at a Europe Exhibition because my travel agent told me if i book at the expo i can get some extra savings on my holiday- and every bit helps! ;D I’m going to the expo in Newcastle but if you live in Oz you should look into it coz i know they’re having expo’s all over.[br][br][br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009 :)[br]+ Britain & Ireland[br]+ Greek Islands

I want to do Europe Uncovered in June so don’t think I can afford the full Britain one aswell but I’m very tempted to do the London to Glasgow one in July. I was going to pay to visit most of the places (Oxford, Stratford, Edinburgh) myself anyway so it might be better to do it with a more organised group. :slight_smile:

Im doing the Espresso Italia explorer in september - looks pretty good[br][br]-rmb85-[br]Red Star Special: June 14th, 2009 and Espresso Italia: September 13th, 2009

Nicole thats awsome! I looked at the britain and ireland one and im very tempted to do that next year aswell - you’ll have to let me know what date you book in case i decide to go around the same time!!! Great idea booking at the expo - i would aswell (im in perth) if i had enough $$$ but got a way to go with my savings ;o)[br][br]rmb85 - the espresso italia looks good too, im thinking of doing the bravo italia!!![br][br]Siobhan

Siobhan, you don’t need to pay much at the expo!!! my travel agent told me what they do is ask for a $100 deposit at the expo (they don’t want to have too much money on them out of the office) and then a couple of days later i have to go into the office and pay another couple of hundred and that’s all! She said all i have to do is pay the total of my trip 7 weeks before leaving- which is supposedly what all companies expect (whether it’s cruises or tours). If it means saving a bit of extra dosh then i’m keen :)[br][br]You should check out this site because they are running these expo’s all over the country [br][br]

[br][br]I hope the link works but if not just copy and paste it into your browser[br][br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

Hey Nicole,[br][br]Did you book your trips on the weekend? Hope you managed to save some $$$ ;o)[br]Wish i was that organised but still havent made up my mind which tours i want to do - so much to see and not enough time!!![br][br]Siobhan.

Hey Siobhan![br][br]Yeah i booked and deposit paid on the weekend. Managed to save lots and lots of $$$ due to my travel agent getting me every deal possible lol. She even managed to score me 2 free nights in london, which i didn’t think i needed but i retrospect suddenly realised i do :slight_smile: [br][br]Also, a coupld of guys from top deck were there so i chatted to them about they answered all my questions so it was all go from then.[br][br]What trips are you looking into?[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

Hey Nicole![br][br]Wicked - you must be stoked! I remember last year it was just that bit more real once it was all booked ;o)[br]Hmmm - well im thinking bout being away july/august, and was wanting to do Portugal/Spain/Italy and maybe greece! So im going to do the Bravo Italia, and prob spain and portugal with another company…and possibly the greek island hopper, and now after you mentioned it i really want to do the Britain and Ireland explorer!!![br]Argh - too much to try and fit in, but ill keep you posted if i definitely decide to do any of them![br][br]Happy planning ;o)[br][br]Siobhan!

Siobhan, good luck with all the decision making! You’re right it does feel great to have made up my mind and booked, now it’s just a waiting game 8-)[br][br]Let me know what you decide, after all we could end up on the same trip! [br][br][br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands