Experermenting in amsterdam

i know it may seem like a weird question, but i was wondering where topdeck stood in regards to the coffee shops in Amsterdam.[br]Do they frown apon it, suggest it or just let you do as you please.[br]The question was bugging me.[br][br]- beer is the answer, but i forgot the question- [br]

Hi beckahstar,[br][br]When we were in Amsterdam, we were told about the coffee shops and then told we could do as we please, but definetly not to carry anything onto the coach with us the next day. So some people went to coffee shops and some didn’t! Hope this answers your question…;D

Go nuts, our tour leader told us where to go aswell and same as Ali and Luke - DON NOT take anything with you. They are used to people eating mushrooms and getting really stoned, thats what amsterdam is for! Have a ball!

HA HA HA Coffee shops?! is that what they call them over there ;D;D;D… now i’ll be careful where i get my caffeine fix while in Amsterdam 8-)[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

yeah a “coffee shop” is the place to be, if you get to a cafe they will only serve coffee. Cake is called space cake, if you ask for brownies they will give you choclate brownies and laugh at you!

I think i’ll have to do a bit more reading up on these “coffee shops” ;D[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

haha [br]bring it on![br]amsterdam sounds great![br][br]Colina[br][br]…grand european…[br]…July 28th 2009…

amsterdam is awesome, it is such a beautiful place - I spent so much money there though on souveniers and presents ( 200 euro in one shop???) Oh and go to Anne Franks house, to actually go in there and see what it was like was amazing!

Colina i can tell you and i are going to have so much fun on our trip! ;D[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

thanks heaps for the heads up, always better to ask than to get there and be a fool.[br]yeah i was told also that its illigal on the streets but oked in the shops.[br]and wouldnt be silly enough to take any away.[br]“space cake” ill remember that one haha.[br][br]- beer is the answer, but i forgot the question- [br]

[quote]yeah i was told also that its illigal on the streets but oked in the shops[/quote][br][br]lol does that seem odd to anyone else?! lol ah well… yeah i don’t think i’ll be having any space cake or “special” brownies, can’t think of anything worse than losing your head and your wits in a foreign place xx([br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

I just keep thinking of Eurotrip (the movie) - so funny when they eat the brownies! My sister informs me it’s a MUST to try space cake at least once while in Amsterdam!;D[br][br]Lou[br][br]Mega European [br](May 2009)

yeah you cant be found with it on the streets, we did however take some back to our hotel on our first night there - very naughty! Its also illegal to smoke cigarettes inside over there, so I had to go outside for a smoke while everyone was roaching up spliffs inside - bizarre!

[quote] Its also illegal to smoke cigarettes inside over there, so I had to go outside for a smoke while everyone was roaching up spliffs inside - bizarre![/quote][br][br]that’s the funniest thing i’ve ever heard. talk about a different culture to ours![br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

apprently yeah cause smoking is bad for your health. ???[br]but they dont stop pot cause it brings in the highest amount of tourism to the country. but it is actually illigal.[br][br]- beer is the answer, but i forgot the question- [br]

??? what the??? so it’s illegal but coz they make money off it it’s ok? lol[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands