Everyday Bag

Hi guys,[br][br]I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for stores or websites who sell slash-proof bags or safe bags for everyday use while on holiday. I am very safety conscience and want a bag that makes it very hard for pickpocketers and the like. [br][br]I have seen pacsafe bags and also the gogogear.com.au website. Does anyone know of any others? ???[br][br]Thanks[br][br]Nic :slight_smile:

gogogear sells them. The slash proof bags are great! I felt so safe with mine.

Hi Ice- Thanks for your response… I did find the ones on the gogogear website but i was just wondering if there were any other companies or brands out there to compare prices, quality etc?[br][br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European 2009 :slight_smile:

In re: to slash proof bags I’m not sure what other brands might be out there if any except for PacSafe. I found gogogear to be the cheapest. Definitely worth every cent.

So you would recommend the Pacsafe bags then Ice?[br]I’m thinking of getting one of those slash proof ones for some travels next year. Did you have any issues at all going through customs with it (ie, the metal throughout it)?

does anyone know if they sell the gogogear in nz?

Hey Tarra,[br][br]I had a look on Pacsafe’s website for NZ distributors and it came up with a handful or so. I emailed them and none have it (the Pacsafe Treksafe slash proof one is the one I’m interested in) in stock but ‘Living Simply’ in Newmarket, Auckland told me they could order it for $149.95 so I’m considering doing that. Pretty much the same as it would cost to order it from gogogear in Australia once you add on the international delivery. Although another store told me they phoned their importers who said they couldn’t get it, and I would have thought everyone would use the same importer so whether that shop can actually get it is not certain!

hey [br]thanks for that i’ll just stick to the pacsafe stuff then. i know there is a store in takapuna that has some of their stuff

Pacsafe stuff is actually what we’ve been talking about all along, gogogear is just an online store that sells it.[br]What’s the name of the Takapuna store that sells Pacsafe stuff? Bit far for me to go though.

its called outdoor action on Barrys Point rd, its the closet store to me everything else is over the bridge

I would definitely recommend PacSafe bags - I used one of their “Slingsafe” shoulder bags in Hong Kong and China last year, and it was great. I didn’t have any issues taking it through Customs.[br][br]Winter Getaway - 27th November - 14th December 2008

amazon have all of them…pacsafe appears to be the best brand, and amazon has them at cheaper prices

I just finished a trip and found that as long as you were aware of your gear that you didnt necessarily need to buy a slash proof bag (eg if the budget is tight!).[br][br]For the day time I carried either a small sling handbag across my chest. I just kept my hand over the zipper if i was worried. Sometimes I also took a small backpack. Put a combination lock on it if you are carrying it on your back. Pull it onto your front on any public transport or when you feel a bit wary![br][br]Enjoy, you will have a ball[br][br]Chell[br]Spirit of Europe[br]14th October 2008

Thanks for all the advice guys! :)[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009 :)[br]+ Britain & Ireland[br]+ Greek Islands

[quote]Originally posted by ajc28[br]
Hey Tarra,[br][br]I had a look on Pacsafe’s website for NZ distributors and it came up with a handful or so. I emailed them and none have it (the Pacsafe Treksafe slash proof one is the one I’m interested in) in stock but ‘Living Simply’ in Newmarket, Auckland told me they could order it for $149.95 so I’m considering doing that. Pretty much the same as it would cost to order it from gogogear in Australia once you add on the international delivery. Although another store told me they phoned their importers who said they couldn’t get it, and I would have thought everyone would use the same importer so whether that shop can actually get it is not certain![br][/quote][br][br]As I thought lol. Tried to order it from that shop and they told me they put in an order but their distributor wouldn’t be able to get it for at least 4 months. So I think I’ll order one from gogogear in Aus instead as they appear to have them in stock.

I had another thought and i was curious to gauge people’s opinions. Seeeing as i’ll have a money belt with all my important documents i was thinking of just carrying around a small clutch during the day- one of those ones that can be worn around the wrist. Big enough to fit my camera and some money but small enough to not look like a tourist. [br][br]I would use this instead of a backpack on walking tours etc. What does anyone think about this idea?[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

hey guys, I just had my trusty billabong sathcel bag over my shoulder. It was small enough not to be a pain and big enough to put my jumper in when I got hot. I was just really careful when we were in big groups and on trains etc. I didnt see any need to have a slash proof bag!

Yeh thats what i took (small wristlet bag) when i went out at night overseas, is a good idea. Last trip i used a small backpack for during the day, but for this trip i’ve brought a over the shoulder bag that i can wear on the front, big enough to fit a bottle of water (essential), camera and purse.[br][br]Red Star Special: June 14th, 2009 and Espresso Italia: September 13th, 2009

Thanks for the advice guys. Still not sure what i’m gonna go with. i’m of the mentality that it’s better to be safe than sorry :)[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

Hey people,[br][br]I’m looking at PacSafe bags now. I guess I probably don’t need one, but I kinda want to be safe rather than sorry. There are backpacks side satchels as well as handbag type things. How big does everyone think a day bag needs to be?? I’ve got a fairly chunky camera, and I guess being May when I travel I may want to carry a cardy round with me, as well as water etc…[br][br]Would a backpack or a a side satchel be best?? [br][br]So many decisions :o[br][br]Any advice would be great![br][br]Lou[br][br]Mega European [br](May 2009)