European Pioneer

Hi everyone![br][br]I’m planning on taking this trip 3 June '10, just wondering if anyone here has done it already? How was it? Anyone planning on going next year?[br][br]Thanks![br]Lisa:)

Heya,[br][br]I have just returned home to NZ after completing the European Pioneer which departed 3rd September '09. This tour is by far one of the best that you can do around Europe, you get to see all the popular cities / countries in Western Europe and also get to experience the beautiful countries of Eastern Europe that were war-torn and shut off from the rest of the world only 10 years ago.[br][br]I highly recommend this tour! If you have any questions feel free to comment back or drop me an email.[br][br]Happy travels,[br]Rebekah

I am planning on doing the timeless trail which is the first half of the european pioneer tour next year but not until July.[br][br]How was the accomodation? Do you think you would need a sleeping bag if going in the middle of summer? Where the hostels located close to the towns? [br][br]Oh sooo many questions

Hey Jade, [br][br]No worries I was exactly the same prior to my trip… a million and one questions! [br][br]The accommodation is fine for the most part. Understand that it is a hostel tour as such so it isn’t the Hilton! What I found on tour is that the setup and accommodation in most camping grounds exceeded the hostels and hotels! Rated in that order: Camping grounds, Hostels and then Hotels! [br][br]No you will not need a sleeping bag in summer! Some places you may want to use a sleep sheet of our own, personal preference. Most places also provide towels, so a small quick-dry towel would do for the places that don’t. [br][br]Most accommodation is centrally located to town. The places that aren’t centrally located the tour is designed that you are dropped off and picked up. Most places are only 10euros in a taxi back to the accommodation at the end of a night partying, split between 4 or 5 works out cheap. [br][br]Hope that helps, anything else feel free to ask,[br]Rebekah[br]

Hey,[br][br]Just booked the European Pioneer tour for 24th June![br][br]Anyone else on this tour…?[br][br]xxx::slight_smile:

Sounds like it is a great trip! I’m a bit worried I’ll get tired trying to cram so much in but man it looks good ;-)[br][br]Booking mine for 3rd June… =D

Bumping this up again! Anyone else going/been on this tour? :slight_smile:

Hey I have booked for the 3 June - 8 July 2010. Quite excited looks like a great trip. I hear the trip is almost full. What part of Aust you from. Im 21 from Adelaide. [br][br]Sally

Hi Sally,[br][br]That’s great! I’m 22 from Alice Springs. Will be turning 23 on tour so it’s going to be even more exciting. So glad to hear from someone who is on the same trip as me! Are you going alone too?[br][br]Lisa =)

Lisa I sure am going by myself ill be in spain the four months prior studying, then return home shortly after.

Wow - 4 months in Spain that’s awesome! Hey my email is lhatzimi@hotmail.com if you want to stay in touch, otherwise will see you on tour! In the meantime I better start saving haha… have a great time in Spain =)

Hey all,[br][br]Booked in to do this with a mate leaving 19th August, any one else on these dates.[br][br]Thanks for the info Rebekah a few posts up, looking forward to it and glad to read the positive feedback.

Booked in for the 20th May 2010… Anyone else on this date?

hey im not actually doing the european pioneer tour. im doing the olympic link tour, which is actually the second half of the european pioneer :)[br][br]so il be on tour with anyone doing the eurpean pioneer tour starting 8th july… joining you in athens on 23rd july

[quote]Originally posted by christinahhh[br]
Hey,[br][br]Just booked the European Pioneer tour for 24th June![br][br]Anyone else on this tour…?[br][br]xxx::)[br][/quote][br][br]hey christinahh! i’ll be on this tour too :slight_smile: i’m doing the great eastern starting on the 9th of july that links up to the pioneer leaving on the 24th of june! soooo excited!!! are you travelling on your own or with someone?

[br][/quote][br][br]hey christinahh! i’ll be on this tour too :slight_smile: i’m doing the great eastern starting on the 9th of july that links up to the pioneer leaving on the 24th of june! soooo excited!!! are you travelling on your own or with someone?[br][/quote][br][br]Hey Elise :)[br]I am travelling alone, which I can’t wait for, but I am pretty scared about too hahaha. How about you??[br]I’ve nearly finished paying the whole thing off (I’m also doing the Iberian Voyager, first up!) so am getting super excited!![br]Is this your first trip overseas??[br]xxx

Hey Christina,[br]Wow i looked at doing that trip as well… it looks amazing! you’ll have so much fun! I’m travelling solo too and yep definitely a bit scared but more so excited :slight_smile: I’ve been overseas a couple of times before but no longer than 2 weeks and not to europe… I can’t wait![br]do you (or anyone else) know if we need a sleeping bag for the trip?[br]

[quote]Originally posted by jess_mack[br]
hey im not actually doing the european pioneer tour. im doing the olympic link tour, which is actually the second half of the european pioneer :)[br][br]so il be on tour with anyone doing the eurpean pioneer tour starting 8th july… joining you in athens on 23rd july[br][/quote][br][br]Hi Jess,[br][br]My boyfriend and I are also going on the Olympic Link, starting July 23rd! Where are you from/how old are you? We are both from Melbourne, Australia![br]Cant wait!

[quote]Originally posted by jess_mack[br]
hey im not actually doing the european pioneer tour. im doing the olympic link tour, which is actually the second half of the european pioneer :)[br][br]so il be on tour with anyone doing the eurpean pioneer tour starting 8th july… joining you in athens on 23rd july[br][/quote][br][br]Hey Jess and adamjade, just booked the European Pioneer tour for the 8th of July, which I believe meets up with your Olympic Link tour on the 23rd of August. Im from Melbourne, and travelling alone for the first time which is exciting.[br]Have any of you guys been to Europe or overseas before? [br][br]Is there anyone else out their looking or that have booked this date and tour? [br][br]Thanks!

[quote]Originally posted by elise87[br]
Hey Christina,[br]Wow i looked at doing that trip as well… it looks amazing! you’ll have so much fun! I’m travelling solo too and yep definitely a bit scared but more so excited :slight_smile: I’ve been overseas a couple of times before but no longer than 2 weeks and not to europe… I can’t wait![br]do you (or anyone else) know if we need a sleeping bag for the trip?[br][br][/quote][br][br]Hey Elise. Definitely can’t wait! Still gotta save for spending money…really should stop buying clothes…hahah[br]I’ve heard you don’t really need one, but I’m bringing one of those really teeny ones that you can squish up really easy, just in case. If you wanna keep in touch, my email is christina_bee@hotmail.com :)[br]xxx