European Pioneer (June 25 - July 30)

Is anyone doing this tour on these dates? [br][br]Or is there anyone that has done this tour previously and can give some helpful advice =) Like many people, I am doing this tour alone and feeling a little nervous! [br][br]VERY excited though.:)[br][br]European Pioneeer 25 June - 30 July

Hey Carlie! [br][br]I’m doing this tour on the same dates and I’m traveling by myself also:)[br][br]Im kinda nervous but im more excited if anything! Unfortunately I dont have any tips for these kinds of tours as this is the first one that Im going on… Man i cannot wait until June comes round!

Hey Carlie! [br][br]I’m doing this tour on the same dates and I’m traveling by myself also:)[br][br]Im kinda nervous but im more excited if anything! Unfortunately I dont have any tips for these kinds of tours as this is the first one that Im going on… Man i cannot wait until June comes round!

I know, I am super excited, especially now that it’s getting closer to the time! [br][br]Nadine, what part of Australia are you from? Are you travelling after the tour or just going over for the tour?[br][br][br][br]European Pioneeer 25 June - 30 July

Heya Nadine & Carlie,[br][br]I am booked on the European Pioneer departing 3rd September, and would love to hear feedback on the tour once you have completed it!:)[br][br]Rebekah

Hey Carlie, I believe that this tour is brand new for 2009, so there’s nobody that’s done it before - you’ll be a true Pioneer![br][br]I am actually contemplating doing this tour (leaving the 25th of June) myself. I did the Rome to London camper in 2007 and can tell you that as long as you have the right attitude you’ll have a great time doing a trip on your own. As everyone on tour obviously has an interest in seeing different parts of the world and experiencing other cultures you’ll find that you’ll have a lot in common with most of your travel buddies.[br][br]For this tour the Balkans should be particularly interesting as some places would be only recent additions to the tourist circuit, not to mention the recent history that has gone on there.[br][br]Might see you in Europe![br][br][br]Brett[br][br]Ya can’t buy cultcha, but 12 Turkish Lira can get you fun times!

heya![br][br]yeah im spending a cpl of days in london before the tours starts (i think i arrive on the 22nd of june) and then i have a week to myself afterwards! & urself? are u just doing the tour or are u going to do some travelling of ur own too?[br][br]btw im from melbourne, and wherebouts in nz do u live?[br][br]oh and yes rebekah of course i will let you know what i think of the tour!

heya![br][br]yeah im spending a cpl of days in london before the tours starts (i think i arrive on the 22nd of june) and then i have a week to myself afterwards! & urself? are u just doing the tour or are u going to do some travelling of ur own too?[br][br]btw im from melbourne, and wherebouts in nz do u live?[br][br]oh and yes rebekah of course i will let you know what i think of the tour!

Hey all, [br][br]Ahhh I am getting SO excited now =) [br][br]Rebekah - we will definitely let you know how it goes. Brett- I agree, the tour sounds like so much fun. I can’t wait! [br][br]I arrive 10 days before the tour starts & will see family in UK a couple of days before the tour starts too =)I have 3 weeks in UK after the tour, will probably do some more travelling and go back and visit some of the best places from the tour (as we don’t really get that long in each area). I am actually travelling for 3 and a half months! [br][br]At this stage I am gong LA - London - Tour Deck Tour - UK - Thailand - Sydneyy to home but that may change! [br][br]I love Melbourne! Often go there on shopping trips =P I am from Auckland.[br][br]European Pioneeer 25 June - 30 July

Add another one to this tour. ;)[br][br]Got ten weeks off from work and having fun in Europe on a very tight schedule. :smiley: [br][br]Flying into London on the night of the 20th June. So got a few days there to see the sites and a few days to recover when we get back. Then off on the first of four more tours around the UK. If anyone is keen to catch up before the trip and see some London sites before hand let us know. First time single traveler myself… well not counting work trips.[br][br]And I’m from Perth, Australia.[br][br]Look forward to talking to you all soon.

Yay that’s great! [br][br]Not long to go now. I am so excited, I am counting down the days. I have three weeks in UK after the tour too, to do a bit more travelling around Europe. Plan to go back to some of the countries I like on the tour and spend a bit more time there or to go to Ireland or Scotland. [br][br]=)[br][br]European Pioneeer 25 June - 30 July

Traveling alone yeah but you get to see stuff you want to see. :P[br][br]Staying in some little hotel in Victoria (break from hostels and cabins in the middle) when I get back from Top Deck tour. Happy to go around London with everyone else after the tour ends… Madame Tousaad’s could be a problem with no one to take pics of you if you go alone :)[br][br]Play it by ear when we’re all together.[br]

Have any of guys gone to sweden before?[br]I was thinking of heading over there after the tour ends as I really wanna go, but I only know of one person who’s been and wanted to get some more opinions…[br]otherwise i may just travel round england for the week:)[br][br]tips anyone???

Have any of guys gone to sweden before?[br]I was thinking of heading over there after the tour ends as I really wanna go, but I only know of one person who’s been and wanted to get some more opinions…[br]otherwise i may just travel round england for the week:)[br][br]tips anyone???

[quote]Originally posted by Nadine86[br]
Have any of guys gone to sweden before?[br]I was thinking of heading over there after the tour ends as I really wanna go, but I only know of one person who’s been and wanted to get some more opinions…[br]otherwise i may just travel round england for the week:)[br][br]tips anyone???[br][/quote][br][br]Hey all my best friend and I are going on this tour as well!! I am so jealous reading about all your possible side trips…we have a 4wk uni break which we are extending into 6 or 7 depending when our exams finish!..with a stop over in dubai for 4 nights. Ps never been to Sweden but went to Finland and the scenery was just breathtaking…especially the northern lights! and my personal opinion is the uk gets pretty repetitive.[br][br]Newcastle, Aus

I haven’t been to Sweden sorry, but it’s definitely one of the places on my list of places I want to visit. Would love to hear more about it too if anyone has been? [br][br]Great that you’re coming too Ally. Hopefully your exam timetable works out well & you can have a bit longer to do some more travelling. =)[br][br]Not long to go now![br][br]Are you all staying at the Generator Hostel the night before the tour starts?[br][br][br][br]European Pioneeer 25 June - 30 July

Cool well, looks like i shall spend a few days in Sweden then! not too sure if i should book accommodation and flights now or leave it later when im half way through the tour…as i might change my mind…what to do, what to do???[br][br]ps im staying at the generator hostel for a cpl of nites b4 the tours begins, figured it would give me chance to mingle with sm ppl who are also doing the tour and get in some sight seeing in london:)

Cool well, looks like i shall spend a few days in Sweden then! not too sure if i should book accommodation and flights now or leave it later when im half way through the tour…as i might change my mind…what to do, what to do???[br][br]ps im staying at the generator hostel for a cpl of nites b4 the tours begins, figured it would give me chance to mingle with sm ppl who are also doing the tour and get in some sight seeing in london:)

Hmm not sure. I think flights are quite cheap last minute in UK. I’m going to book all my flights / accom for after the tour closer to the time.[br][br]I just booked in @ the Generator for the night before the tour begins :)[br][br]European Pioneeer 25 June - 30 July

Hey guys has anyone got their itinerary from top deck yet?? just picked mine up today and with the purpose of avoiding uni work I looked up all our accommodation…you should check out Albania Chateau Linza big jump from your ordinary hostel!