European Odyssey tour not confirm

Hi,

My girlfriend and I booked the European Odyssey (4 Aug - 21 Aug 2012) but it is a non guaranteed departure, we have several concerns:
1)Till now the status of the tour stated “available” and we are uncertain whether the tour will be cancelled, we have yet to book our air tickets due to the uncertainty.
2)With the London Olympics coming up, what is the chances that this tour will be cancelled?any experienced traveller can advise us on our situation now?

Your input is greatly appreciated. Thanks

My husband and I were booked on a non guaranteed departure for 15 July for Northern Exposure and we had booked flights, car rental and accommodation around this.

Due to the tour being cancelled and having to re book everything, we are no longer able to stay at the accommodation we had originally booked. We have had to pay the difference in fares+fees for changing flights. And because if this our travel insurance expired half way through the new dates, now we are having issues with our insurance.

My reccommendation is to try and get onto a guaranteed departure before you have to go through the ordeal we have gone through.

[quote=34599]My husband and I were booked on a non guaranteed departure for 15 July for Northern Exposure and we had booked flights, car rental and accommodation around this.

Due to the tour being cancelled and having to re book everything, we are no longer able to stay at the accommodation we had originally booked. We have had to pay the difference in fares+fees for changing flights. And because if this our travel insurance expired half way through the new dates, now we are having issues with our insurance.

My reccommendation is to try and get onto a guaranteed departure before you have to go through the ordeal we have gone through.[/quote]

How far in advance did you find out yours was cancelled… girlfriend and I are doing a couple of tours later in the year and I just noticed that one of them (all be it a short one) doesn’t have guaranteed dates…