Europe in Winter

Hey [br][br]I am thinking of going on the European Getaway in January. I was just wondering if anyone had been to Europe in winter. If so could you tell me a bit about it, for example was is worth it? are the prices cheaper and ques shorter? or was it just so cold that you couldn’t bring yourself to get off the bus. [br][br]Thanx heeps

Hi there,[br]Queues are definitely shorter during winter in Europe as you get the chance of avoiding the peak season’s crowds in the cities, as well as the possible summer traffic jams on the roads. You need to wrap up warm as January is the middle of our winter over here - imagine though pretty towns with snow-covered roof tops and building snowmen in the Alps… The temperatures vary depending on which country you will be in i.e Rome usually have mild winters with an average temperature of 10 degrees Celsius while in Berlin it can be freezing with an average of around 2-3 degrees Celsius.[br][br]Hope this helped a bit.[br][br]Cheers,[br][br]Anita[br]

wooo DO IT- this is the tour I’m doing!

really, cool. [br][br]I’m pretty sure I’m gonna go on it I just wasn’t sure that I’d still get to do all the stuff that I wanted to do becoz it’s kinda the off season.

woooooooooohoooooooooooooooooo my tour too funnily enough travel girl ayyyyy;)

MUAAAAHAHA tell sarah to get an account! we can prettend to be strangers!

sorry that was me LOGOUT next time pls lol

Definetly do it…We did Essential Europe over last Christmas and New Years and although it was very cold, if you have the right clothing you hardly notice it…And Europe is sooooo beautiful in Winter!!!

strangely enough I’m going on that tour too travelgirl and laraj182 :stuck_out_tongue: