Eurohotel vs. Euroclub

Hi everyone!

My friend and I were debating between a few Eurohotel and Euroclub trips (anyone know anything about European Wonder or Roman Chariot?).
I have a couple questions I’m hoping you guys can help me with.

1. Do the Hostels and bungalows have private showers and bathrooms or are they communal?

2. It seems like there are a lot of non-partiers on these trips… While I am not looking to be hungover every morning, I am definitely hoping to do some partying, especially because I will most likely be spending my 26th birthday on the trip. Am I going to do so solo? :frowning: lol

Any feedback would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!!

The EuroHotel tours are usually private bathrooms but you will share on the EuroClub tours in some places.

On the tours that I’ve done, in the major towns, people might only get 2-3hrs sleep that night, but in the quieter places rounds of cards and plenty of beer at the local pub is more likely to be the order of business.

Cheers

Hey!

I believe EuroHotel trips have private facilities and EuroClub trip have private facilities in several locations and shared in others.

As someone who has done a EuroClub trip I can advise that there are usually a mix of people, those up for a party as well as those more eager to chill. There are a few big nights when everyone parties together. People who aren’t keen to party are never pressured to do so but you can be sure that everyone will put in an effort for a birthday!

You’ll have an amazing time!

J

Just a personal opinion on this topic - ive only done the Euroclub trip style with Topdeck but I HIGHLY recommend it! Awesome locations! better facilities than standard hotels! Yes ok some places you dont have your own bathroom, but at the end of the day it didnt matter… lauterbrunnen cabins are AMAZING!!! the location the staff there the food the bar… and this was one of the places we had public shower and toilets at! its seriously not that big a deal… even in Italy the villages we stayed at had way better facilities there (bars, restaurants, shops, nighclubs) than some of the hotels we were ‘upgraded’ to throughout our stay… considering youre hardly in your rooms anyway, i found the location and facilities of Euroclub accommodations far out-weighed the hotels… but thats just my opinion :wink:

my husband are i are looking at going on the “Euroclub” but are a little worried about sleeping arrangements.
we have read that it is all same sex rooms, would any one know if there is available rooms for couples? how does it work?

I agree with everyone who recommends EuroClub. While I haven’t done the EuroHotel, EuroClub seems to be best value and the accommodations are really great. I did the European Wonder tour, and the only place that had communal facilities was Lauterbrunnen. They charge for hot water there, but if you’re stubborn like me you’ll just have a freezing cold shower. Besides that though, Lauterbrunnen was a great place. Tell the bartender there that his “West Side Canadian” from September says hi.

In terms of couples, at least on my tour the same sex rule wasn’t enforced as long as people were comfortable sharing rooms, so it was left up to us really.

[quote=17119]my husband are i are looking at going on the “Euroclub” but are a little worried about sleeping arrangements.
we have read that it is all same sex rooms, would any one know if there is available rooms for couples? how does it work?[/quote]

I am also in the same situation. I’ll be travelling with my partner on a Euroclub (Summer Fun & Sailing) and she is worried about the same sex rooms. Is there usually a strict and enforced rule on this?

PS. Thanks canuckchamps for sharing your experience on this topic. Anyone have similar experiences in regards to the sleeping arrangements?

Hey guys. on the last Euroclub i did we had 2 married couples and 2 couples. when the accomodation was 2 to a room, the couples got to share with their partners. when it was 4 to a room, the couples normally shared together. hope that helps!

If you prefer you can absolutely do it alone. I think no need to rely on others.

[quote=17302][quote=17119]my husband are i are looking at going on the “Euroclub” but are a little worried about sleeping arrangements.
we have read that it is all same sex rooms, would any one know if there is available rooms for couples? how does it work?[/quote]

I am also in the same situation. I’ll be travelling with my partner on a Euroclub (Summer Fun & Sailing) and she is worried about the same sex rooms. Is there usually a strict and enforced rule on this?

PS. Thanks canuckchamps for sharing your experience on this topic. Anyone have similar experiences in regards to the sleeping arrangements?[/quote]

JoshT, which Summer Fun and Sailing tour are you doing? Me and my boyfriend are on the 25th of June tour and we have been wondering the same thing about sleeping arrangements! Hopefully you are right canuckchamps :slight_smile: