EuroClub versus EuroHotel

Hey there,[br][br]I was wondering the pros and cons between these two tour options?[br][br]Is there much of a difference between the type of people who go on each tour?[br][br]Any input would be great![br][br]Thanks[br][br]Nathan

Hi Nathan,[br][br]I went on the Essential Europe which is eurohotel and it was great. Most of the hotels though are a distance from the city centres but you were always able to either catch public transport or share a cab with others to get home after a night out…[br][br]I was on tour over the Christmas/New Year period so I guess everyone was in the party mood, coz we had a fantastic group…Everyone got along alright pretty much, there was 50 all up, and those that wanted to have late nights did and other quieter people just went to bed after dinner or whatever.[br][br]My friend did the Euroclub for 14 days last August and I think the campsites were even further from the cities so they spent a lot of time at night hanging out in the campsite.[br][br]Any other questions just ask!

Hey thanks for the reply.[br][br]I had heard the hotels were closer so thanks for clarifying that point.[br][br]Was there much of a difference in age range between the two tour types? My travel agent said the hotel tour normally attracted more older people. - Is that right?[br][br]How long did you spend travelling on the bus each day?[br][br]I’m really starting to get excited now!![br][br]Cheers[br][br]Nathan[br][br]

Hey,[br][br]On our tour the ages ranged from 18 to 31. Most people were in their early twenties, then there was just a couple of guys around the 29, 30 mark. [br]As far as I know with my friends euroclub it was very similar. We were lucky I guess our group was pretty good, but you never know what you will end up with![br]The longest day on the bus was 10 hours from Switzerland to Paris, but on average you would spend about 4 or 5 hours a day,and the shortest was between Munich and Salzburg,it was about 2 hours if that… There is alot of bus travel![br]Glad to be of assistance:)

Yay! Thanks for the reply.[br][br]More questions…[br][br]What were the ratio’s of male to female like and were there many single people on the tour?

i have another question too…[br][br]on these tours is it pretty easy to wash ur clothes?? any tips?? are they all laundromats? or do u need to wash by hand?[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

yes i would like to know about the laundry situation too! its one thing to pack light, but i dont want to it to be a big mission to get washing done!! :slight_smile:

Hi All,[br][br]On our tour out of 50 there was about 20 guys and the rest were girls. But this can vary as my mate had only 4 guys on her euroclub tour… and there were a lot of single people, and also quite a few who had boyfriends/girlfirends at home. There was only a about 3 couples…[br][br]In regards to washing, you won’t get time to wash at a laundromat! I washed my clothes by hand in the basin whenever we got to a hotel room with a central heating bar on the wall…Then I just put them on there and a few hours later they would be dry…Sometimes you only have 20 minutes or so to drop your bags, so I had to be very organised to quickly get some socks or whatever washed and hung out![br][br]I did have about 15 pairs of knickers and maybe 10 pairs of socks, but it was winter…The reality of it is I maybe on average was able to wash once every 3 days or so…[br][br][br][br]

Buy a pegless clothes line from most travel shops or online. They are the best for hanging your clothes inside your room. You don’t want to be wasting time looking for a laundromat…I think there were only 3 occasions when there were laundromats nearby. Handwash whenever you get the chance (take a small bottle of laundry liquid). Also, often it can be really hard to do any washing you to sink size and having no plugs available.