Euroclub confusion

Hey guys,

We’re going on our first Top Deck tour beginning 03 of Feb - March on Rome!!

Just had a few questions - our travel agent seems a bit confused about everything she tells us ::slight_smile:

We were advised that we do not need a sleeping bag - but to my knowledge from what i know - its a Euroclub tour therefore a sleeping bag is compulsory. Can some one clarify this for me please?

Also I am going with my husband and apparently we cant share the same room. A first we were told we can because we booked the trip together and now we’ve we have been told that we can not anymore…so confused… :frowning:

Any help would be appreciated :slight_smile:

Thanks
Shaz

Hi Shaz,

I haven’t been on a Euroclub tour before (but going on my first one in june) from everything I have read it seems that sleeping bags are compulsory but some people have found that they haven’t needed them in some places (I’d rather be safe than sorry and it doesn’t have to go in your bag so its not taking up space - i’ll definitely be taking one) and as far as sharing rooms although they can’t guaruntee you will be in the same room at every place - most people have found they have always been able to share a room with their partner, although you may end up with another couple when it’s a 4 bed room.

Everybody seems to have different stories and i guess that is because every tour is different but hopefully this helps!

I have done part of the Grand European, and it depends when you are travelling. In the height of summer (July / August) you probably don’t need a sleeping bag, but at other times of the year you might want an extra blanket - which is where your sleeping bag comes in handy!

As far as sharing a room, Topdeck’ EuroClub trips are single sex accommodation. However, our trip leader was really good and told us we could organise our own rooms so long as no one complained. Everyone agreed we’d much rather have our own friends in the rooms so we made an effort not to complain about room layouts and stuff. All the couples got to share most of the time - I think there was one hostel where they enforced the boys versus girls thing because of where the toilets and showers were located.

Next time you should book direct with Topdeck - that way they’ll be able to give you straight answers without the fuss of having to go through your travel agent!

We will definitely be taking our sleeping bags - just to be on the safe side.

Awesome, thanks guys for all your help ;D

Hi guys,

Just for your information…

On our EuroClub trips you will be sleeping in multi-share accommodation with 2 to 4 persons of the same sex sharing. In certain hostels, particularly during peak season, some rooms may be larger depending on availability. The accommodation ranges from hostels and gasthofs to bungalows in some of Europe’s best campsites. There are also some hotel upgrades to twin rooms on a number of trips - in this situation you will be able to share with your partner. If there’s another couple travelling on the same trip, we’ll generally try and pair you together. As long as everyone is comfortable with the set up, there is usually no problem. Please advise our reservations staff and Trip Leader on tour and we’ll try our best to accommodate your request.

Also, sleeping bags are a necessity on ALL EuroClub and EuroCamping trips.

Hope this clear up any confusion, if you have any other questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Cheers,
Topdeck Team

Hey guys,
I travelled solo on my EuroClub trip, but there were a few couples on my tour. For most of the trip they paired up couples and put them in the same dorm room, I think there was only once or twice when they were separated due to the hostel having strict single sex room restrictions. I think you definitely get good value for your money on the hostels tour - and on the odd occasion you don’t get to stay with your boyfriend that one evening, you will have the whole day to hang out anyway! :slight_smile:

[quote=22360]Hi guys,

Just for your information…

On our EuroClub trips you will be sleeping in multi-share accommodation with 2 to 4 persons of the same sex sharing. In certain hostels, particularly during peak season, some rooms may be larger depending on availability. The accommodation ranges from hostels and gasthofs to bungalows in some of Europe’s best campsites. There are also some hotel upgrades to twin rooms on a number of trips - in this situation you will be able to share with your partner. If there’s another couple travelling on the same trip, we’ll generally try and pair you together. As long as everyone is comfortable with the set up, there is usually no problem. Please advise our reservations staff and Trip Leader on tour and we’ll try our best to accommodate your request.

Also, sleeping bags are a necessity on ALL EuroClub and EuroCamping trips.

Hope this clear up any confusion, if you have any other questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Cheers,
Topdeck Team

[/quote]

Hi Topdeck :slight_smile: I’ve seen at least 20 other posts by Topdeck admin saying that sleeping bags are not required for EuroClub if it doesn’t include sailing. Could you please clarify that?

i am doing a euroclub tour and was told by my travel agent that a sleeping bag is not neccessary… so confused.

if i could just put my 2 cents…
“You are required to bring a sleeping bag on your EuroClub trips if your trip does Flotilla Sailing in Greece, bedding will be provided in all other EuroClub accommodations” (Part of the FAQ section on the Site, Subsection - Europe)

[quote=31105][quote=22360]

Hi Topdeck :slight_smile: I’ve seen at least 20 other posts by Topdeck admin saying that sleeping bags are not required for EuroClub if it doesn’t include sailing. Could you please clarify that? [/quote]

I seen that a numerous post as well, also in the FAQ