Egypt Feedback

Hey[br]Has anyone out there been on a Top Deck Egypt Tour. I’d love to hear what they are like as I’m planning on going at the end of the year. Have heard great things and am wondering if anyone could give me some feedback[br]Thanks[br][br]Jane :slight_smile:

Hi,[br][br]Well I’m also thinking about taking a tour through Egypt in October… but would also like to know about people’s experiences with this tour. I took a Connections tour through New Zealand and Australia 2 years ago, and had a good time…and well topdeck and connections are supposed to be syster companies and they seem to work pretty much in the same way (lots of food, smaller groups, younger people, etc). So has anyone taking a tour to Egypt before?

I’ll let you know when I came back!

hey, [br]Myself and my girlfriend went on the 21 day tour in march, had a great time, it was fantastic.[br][br]My GF had the same idea, with wearing things that dont reveal anything, but it all depends on yourself and how much you like to be “looked” at or how many offers you want, to be an Egyptian wife. [br][br]And yeah like boz said, depends on the weather, we went when it was their winter, but it was still pretty warm, a bit cold in Cairo in the mornings and nights, but all is good.[br][br]If you go, i hope you get Hamada as your tour guide, hes great! Very funny and he will show ya a good time. [br][br]Anyway have a good one,[br][br]Adrian[br][br][br]if ya got any more questions, just let me know :P[br][quote]Originally posted by Miss Janeo[br]
Hey[br]Has anyone out there been on a Top Deck Egypt Tour. I’d love to hear what they are like as I’m planning on going at the end of the year. Have heard great things and am wondering if anyone could give me some feedback[br]Thanks[br][br]Jane :)[br][/quote][br][br]…In Tyler we Trusted…

Hey [br]thanks for the advice.[br]Just a few questions to Adrian because you’ve already been. Did you guys do the felluca or upgrade to the Nile Cruise. Whatever option you did what was it like? Im thinking of maybe upgrading to the Nile Cruise.[br]Also how much spending money would you suggest? I am going on the three week tour and am wondering roughly how much I will need. I do like to do a bit of shoping if that helps.[br]Any other tips you could give would be great too[br]Thanks :)[br]

heyzzz[br][br]Nah when we where there the “up-grade” was not there. Must have been a new offer in the new brochurs (we were not offerd).[br]We went on the Felluca… its good, but only really good for 2 nights, we were suposed to be on it for 3 nights, but we shot down a night coz it was not that comfy, and sorta got sick of the not showr`ing, cleaning, and having to go to the toilet on the banks (but u need to give warning for them to pull over lol) It was good fun, but depends on the ppl you have and if u think u can handle it :P[br][br]Spending money, well the Aussie dolla is pretty good. [br]100AUD = about 420 egypt ponds when we were there, check online converters for lastest info![br]But roughy i had ( in my bank ) about 4500. and i came back with about 3600… so the money is very very nice, and they LOVE to barter! so when u go into a place, go “how much” they go “where u from” say “New Zealand” lol coz they are not stupid!!! they know all the exchange rates!!![br][br]so when u go “how much” and they say “70 egyption pounds”, say, (in a fun way) “nah your killin me here, 30 pounds” and dont FOLD! coz you will get it for the price you want…[br][br]if that dont work, then go… “mmmm its a little too much, ill have to go else where (go to walk out)” and they will go down more :stuck_out_tongue: its to much fun!! they love it too… i actually started to say i was from JNB in south africa lol =o) they go “we give u local price”[br][br]i brought home 2 massive art work papirus! it was about 1200 EGP even that was too much, but he originally wanted 6000! so it goes to show :stuck_out_tongue: how much you can get ir for!![br][br]the RED sea is great! fantastic place. [br][br]in Dahab where the bombs went off. we were at every place that a bomb went off :S i would love to go back to egypt! MAD PLACE [br][br][br]any more Q’s?[br][br]just let me know :P~[br][br]wow huge post lol… i should be charging you :stuck_out_tongue: haha[br][br][quote]Originally posted by Miss Janeo[br]
Hey [br]thanks for the advice.[br]Just a few questions to Adrian because you’ve already been. Did you guys do the felluca or upgrade to the Nile Cruise. Whatever option you did what was it like? Im thinking of maybe upgrading to the Nile Cruise.[br]Also how much spending money would you suggest? I am going on the three week tour and am wondering roughly how much I will need. I do like to do a bit of shoping if that helps.[br]Any other tips you could give would be great too[br]Thanks :)[br][br][/quote][br][br]…In Tyler we Trusted…

Hey Adrian[br][br]Thanks for your advice, its nice to get some feedback.[br]Sounds like you had a great time. Im looking forward to going and the bargaining should be interesting. Ive been to Malaysia and China so I can understand that its totally necessary. It’ll be fun too.[br][br]When you guys went what was the weather like? Im planning to go in January so hopefully the weather wont be too bad and not nearly as hot. [br]How many people were on your tour? Was it mainly younger people or a mix?[br]Ive done a few other tours before but never Top Deck so I am wondering what they are like? Were they really professional? What were the provided meals i.e. breakfasts/dinners like? What were the hotels like that you stayed in?[br]I’d love to hear of any other feedback or details you have, or any interesting tidbits?[br]Thanks for the advice so far[br]Jane[br]

umm the weather was not Hot, we went in March and it was sorta cold, but when we were in the vally of the kings it was hot, and in Luxor/Hargurda it was nice and warm. Cairo was Chilly.[br][br]http://www.wordtravels.com/Travelguide/Countries/Egypt/Climate/[br]check out the weather :)[br][br]on our tour there was about 12 people. They were all around the same age as myself (21) the oldest person was 27. But on the other 1/2 of the tour a lady was about 35ish. so in answer to your question, there are (hopfully) more young people :)[br][br]Top Deck is good! are u doing the 21 day tour? if so, look out for the change over period in Hergarda! coz the 21 day tour is a 12day tour and 12 day tour combind :stuck_out_tongue: we were told that sum1 would pick myseld and gf up… all in all i think i told ya? or didnt i? lol lost track… its a bit iffy when ur there :s[br][br]Professional? >Yeah, but its not like ur a sheep getting marched around, they spill the time they want u back (if free time) and they expect you back. But they dont crack the whip (if u dont act stupid) :)[br][br]umm meals provided, were good, Breaky/lunch/dinner provided was always a Buffet. Some were good, some were not so good :)[br]On 1st day when u go to the Prymids u go out to lunch and there are these deep-fried brocolli… its maD! altho i had too many and threw up lol hahaha :)[br][br]HAHAHA hotels… u will Love Indiana (1st hotel where tour takes off/ends at) [br](Coz this was my 1st international trip i didnt know what to expect)[br]Indiana was a shock, but after the 1st day, i loved it. The pool was empty :frowning: only open during summer. The people there are fantastic.[br]In Aswan the hotel was fantasrtic!! it was great!![br]Luxor, was good, ncie pool on the roof and great food (western :P)[br]Hurgarda was good, sorta like the Gold Coast.[br]Dahab was MAD! i loved it, altho it was too far from the City Center, which after the bombings was a good thing i supose.[br][br]umm cant think of anything extra at the moment, but ill think and ill let ya know, any more questions ? just let me know and ill get back to ya…[br][br]Depending on your tour leder… if you get Harmmada, u will have a good time[br][br]all i can say is, do anything and everything! coz u dont wonna miss out on anything…!! [br][br]ps im a travel agent, i SHould be charing :P~ haha}:)[br][br][br]…In Tyler we Trusted…

Hey Adrian[br]Thanks for your great feedback I love hearing about other peopels experiences. and youve given me a lot of useful tips.[br]Yeah I’ll be doing the 21 day tour… Im really looking forward to it. Ill be doing it by myself though so do you think it’ll be okay in terms of meeting people and stuff i.e. does everyone on tour hang out and get along well from your experience…Im hoping this won’t be an issue but obviously having nice people on tour helps make the experience…I just wnat to have a great time…obviosuly[br][br]In terms of clothing what would you suggest? Im just thinking what type of shoes to bring…also are t-shirts acceptable clothing or do you need to have either 3/4 or full length sleeves…Im thinking in that situation maybe bringing a light shawl to put over if required…also would the same go for covering legs or is shorts okay? maybe you could ask your g/f about that she might have a better idea :slight_smile: I obviously dont want to offend anyone…[br][br]Thanks for your advice so far [br][br]Jane[br][br]p.s by chilly do you mean jeans and t-shirt or full on jacket…is it like mid season temps in Australia

The best bits, on the 3 week tour, were the felucca and Dahab. We met up with a different tour at the end of the 2nd week who had taken the Cruise Ship instead and almost all of their group got very sick. There were 7 people on our tour and 25 on the cruise tour, ages between 19 and 32.

You will be fine with going by yourself, it might be werid the 1st night but you will easily make friends.[br]well yeah, its always good to have ppl that you get along with, but thats not always the way it is :P[br]Nah, u will be fine, just dont show too much leg/chest. [br]We saw other people in short short skirts and very revealing tops (other tourists) and we had t’s on, and i had runners most of the time. All the places you go will be fearly Wester-ised, so you will find most of the male egyptains will have the same clothes on as us.[br](apart from older egyptains)[br]But you will be fine with T’s :)Shorts are okay too, just not realyl small ones lol[br]When you get there, ull see what its really like and you will go “why did i worry so much about clothes” hehe [br]The best thing is to prolly not dress to impress (ie if ur going out to a night club lol) but look nice and comfy. [br]You might as well take everything just in case, but from our experience you dont need to worry that much with clothing. [br] [br][br][quote]Originally posted by Miss Janeo[br]
Hey Adrian[br]Thanks for your great feedback I love hearing about other peopels experiences. and youve given me a lot of useful tips.[br]Yeah I’ll be doing the 21 day tour… Im really looking forward to it. Ill be doing it by myself though so do you think it’ll be okay in terms of meeting people and stuff i.e. does everyone on tour hang out and get along well from your experience…Im hoping this won’t be an issue but obviously having nice people on tour helps make the experience…I just wnat to have a great time…obviosuly[br][br]In terms of clothing what would you suggest? Im just thinking what type of shoes to bring…also are t-shirts acceptable clothing or do you need to have either 3/4 or full length sleeves…Im thinking in that situation maybe bringing a light shawl to put over if required…also would the same go for covering legs or is shorts okay? maybe you could ask your g/f about that she might have a better idea :slight_smile: I obviously dont want to offend anyone…[br][br]Thanks for your advice so far [br][br]Jane[br][br]p.s by chilly do you mean jeans and t-shirt or full on jacket…is it like mid season temps in Australia[br][/quote][br][br]…In Tyler we Trusted…

Hi janeo[br][br]I just thought that I would share with u my experience in Egypt.[br] I lived there for about 2 and half years and I wore mostly pants jeans and long skirts and Short sleaved shirts with no low cut in the front and covered my stomach. I was told that this shows that this respects there customs. [br][br]You will have a really great time Im sure and Egyptians are very friendly and warm people. [br][br]P.s trying to learn a little phrases to give u a head start [br]Thankyou = shockron [br]yes = aywah[br]no = la ah[br]Ive spelt it how it sounds [br][br]good luck and have fun :)[br][br]