East meets West (Budapest - London) 12/9/08?

Hey all,[br][br]Anyone going on this trip, starting in Budapest on sept 12??[br][br]Will be in Budapest a few days before the trip if anyone else will be.[br][br]Any ideas of what to see and do there also helpful :smiley:

hi Mick :slight_smile: ur tour is actually part of the Spirit of Europe tou that leaves on the 2nd of september, i think there are a couple of people who have started a thread for that earlier :)[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

Hey Whirlsie,[br][br]My travel agent said sumthing about joining a tour. Was hoping me and my friend wouldnt be the only ones joining in Budapest. N hopefully someone else is starting in budapest too.[br][br]Your trip sounds pretty cool too, u got plent of time away i see[br]

Yeah I cant wait to go :)[br][br]I’ve done plenty of planning and research lol!! I just cant wait to get onto that plane!!![br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

Yeah lots planning and studing is great, but then again, sometimes just winging it is awesom as well.[br][br]I did a month in canada and all i had planned was my flite home and a few night accom. Turned out to be an aesom awesom trip

a lot of people have told me not to plan it out… but what they dont realise is that my research has been on what there is to see and do… not when I am definately doing it. It’s just that in some countries (like Hungary) I wouldnt know what to see and do or what is special, so atleast if i do get some free time I can choose where I would want to go :)[br][br]At this stage all i know for certain is my time in london before the tour, then edinburgh for 4 days then the tour then back to germany then back to italy… thats it… oh except for london, I know for certain that i am doing the Ceremony of Keys on the night of the 13th September cos u have to book it in.[br][br]If i hadnt done any research then i wouldnt have found out about the Ceremony of Keys and would have been annoyed that I had missed out ;D[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

u got any more info on the ceromony of the keys?[br]i have heard a little about it and would love to go.[br][br]your trip does sound pretty good tho, heaps of time to do lots of stuff

check this site out :)[br][br]http://www.visitbritain.com.au/things-to-see-and-do/interests/history-and-heritage/features/ceremony-of-the-keys.aspx[br][br]yeah i think that the most rushed part of my trip will be the tour lol[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

i am on this tour, is anyone else?

just seeing if anyone else is doing thsi tour?