Do you still travel on public transport (e.g. subways, trains, buses etc) even though you are with Topdeck?

Hello!

I was just doing some research about the places ill be travelling to early next year when i do the Discover Winter Topdeck Tour. And i know that we travel by bus to each place we visit but while in the cities, do we catch public transport or remain on the bus when going to each attraction?

Hopefully that makes sense!

Hi sez77, mostly coach, sometimes public transport. However your Tour Leader will arrange tickets, usually obtain a few for each person. For the Discover Winter Tour, you’ll use the train getting into Rome city from where you get dropped off from the coach, so part tour coach, part train. Beware of pick pockets, especially on trains. Wear your backpack on your front or use straps to secure it to yourself. Prague, trams possibly, depends on your accomm location.

In Switzerland - if you do the Jungfrau trip (highly recommended!) the only way is up via mountain train, which is about 180CHF. A return ticket to the top, stopping along the way for a number of lookouts, take a camera :slight_smile:.

I had a couple of cards (one travel, the other debit/credit card) and withdraw cash as I needed it. Most countries are on the Euro, except for Switzerland, Hungary, Czech Republic (Czechia).

Hope this helps!

Oh awesome! Thank you so much that definitely helps! Do you happen to know if Topdeck supplies the wifi on the bus? Because i heard that with Contiki you have to pay and that the connection isnt that great?

No worries!

You get about 300mb included on most trips. I did the Eastern Escape in August last year and that’s what we got. It uses a mobile connection, so coverage and speed may not be great. Travel SIMs can also be limited across Europe. Some areas may not have coverage.

You could look at international roaming with your provider or a travel SIM when you arrive in Europe / UK.

Thats what im thinking of doing!! Thank you!!

No worries! :blush: