Discover Europe April 27 2010

Hey![br][br]I’m going to be travelling alone! And I was just wondering if anyone if taking this tour at the same time as me? [haven’t booked yet though][br][br]Also, if you have already taken this tour, please tell me your thoughts![br][br]Thanks!

Hi![br]I just booked on this tour and I’m travelling solo too! Hope u decide to book it itd be great to know someone b4 i get there! we might even get 2b roomies! It seems like a really good tour to me it goes to heaps of places, I’m also doing the britian and ireland tour on the 19th of June and travelin solo through the uk, germany and belgium in the 4 weeks between the 2 tours, should be fun!

Hi!![br]This is sooo exciting! Ok I am going to book today?[br]Where you from Catherine?[br]Im from Canada! [br]Did you take a twin share or triple share?

Oh haha I see you are from Australia![br]Very cool![br]

yeah I’m from Perth Australia, I booked twin share cause everyone says how small european hotel rooms are so I didnt want to be crammed in with 2 other people, 1 is enough[br]r u going to stay in London b4 or after the tour 4 a bit? I’m in London 4 a week after the tour stayin at the Umi, need to find people to hang out with so I’m not a “loner in London”

Hey![br]I’m from Montreal, Canada! I booked the trip![br]I chose to go with a twin share too (cause of the rooms size like you), and will definitely be staying in London after the tour! Not sure yet if I’ll have to get a hotel room, or may be staying with family. So I’ll chill with you in London too! Thinking of taking a day trip to Stonehenge - I’ve always wanted to go there! I’m thinking of joining this tour in Paris, so I probably won’t be there in London before.[br]Your itinerary looks great! I was supposed to do the Busabout tours of Ireland and the UK before this tour - but now most probably going to Morocco and the south of Spain for a total of 4 weeks.

P.S. My name is Bianca - haha!

Hi Bianca!
Thats great that u booked the tour and will be stayin in London! Yeah we go to Stonehenge as part of the Britian and Ireland tour, somewhere I always wanted to go too! but apparently now u cant get that close to it so its not as good. Theres so much to do in London I think I’ll run outa time.
I was gunna join the tour in Paris too but changed my mind, to change my airfare was guna b too expensive.
R u going to Morocco and Spain with bussabout? I’m probably going on a bussabout flexitrip for my few weeks through France, Switzerland, Germany and Belgium, they seem like a good company too.
How old r u? I’m 26
I’m starting to get so excited now!

Hey! I know it is unfortunate that you cannot get close to the Stonehenge… but I found a tour that can bring you close, but it’s either before or after opening hours - I have to check it out a bit more!
I was sooo going to the busabout Britain, Scotland and Ireland tours… but I’ve decided against it. I am going with friends to Morocco and Spain - but they still have to get backt o me. So if that falls through, I may take up another tour, cause I really want to be away in Europe for 2 months and not just 1.
I’m 22, but I’ll be turning 23 on the tour! I am getting very excited and have been for a while. Hehe. I have until the day before to tell Topdeck if I’m joining in England or Paris - so I’ll keep you posted too :slight_smile: It’s gonna be hell trying to pack, I’m going to have to cut down soo much. Are you taking a suitcase or backpack?

Hello my crazy ppl, this is ur captain speaking, please make sure ur arms and legs are inside the coach wen travelling at all time please. This is going to be one wild ride…WOOHOO… :slight_smile:

Its not common for drivers to jump on the forums, but im getting excited because the season is about to start again…!!!

So i thought id introduce myself…my name is Apa, i will be ur driver (if nothing changes and the world is in harmony, last minute driver changes are common) for the entire 26 days. This tour is awesome and the places we stay at will blow u away, i did one last year and it was sensational…heres a few qik tips.

• Travel light, cause theres plenty of shopping to do on this tour...Spain, Prague, Amsterdam have awesome fashion. The girls will luv it.!
  • Dont forget the bikinis and boardies, we hit the Barcelona beaches and french riviera...time to get brown.. :P
  • Some warm clothing for the Swiss mountains and cave tour in Slovenia...nothing overkill, just a jumper and long pants...
  • Small suitcases if possible, some hotels dont have elevators
  • dont forget ur weight limits wen travelling, most airlines charge per kg over the 20 Kg limit, ideally u want to be arriving with bout 12-15kg because it will fill fast with souvenirs and clothes..( probably more so for the girls than boys...hehehehe)

Well thats it for now…if i think of anything else i will let u guys know…;D

Here are some pics to get u revved up… :o

Wine tasting in Bordeaux,France

Beaches in Spain

Prague by night

I too am booked on this trip! YAY!

Great pics Mr Bus driver!

I am doing this trip straight after the 6 Day Anzac Tour in Turkey… No rest for the wicked, I only have a couple of nights in London before doing the US and to see a touch of Canada too!

I’ll be 27 when I hit the tour bus, and I’m from Melbourne ;D

Can’t wait!

Steve

I am going on this same tour on May 25th and I am very excited. I also started a Thread to find people who are going with me, but I am not having any luck. :’( The pictures that have been posted are awesome! I will be checking back here from time to time because anyone who is going on this trip is a few steps ahead of me, but in for the same awesome experience!

Hi all!!! Only 8 and a half weeks to go!! So excited!!!

Hi Mr Bus Driver, u sound excited but i guess u do have a pretty cool job! Thanks for the tips i’ll try and not pack too much, i promise, i mite take 5 pairs of shoes instead of 10!

Hi Steve! r u travelin solo too? the Anzac tour should be good.

Hi Bianca! A bday party on tour!!! what town will we be in? have u got planned wat u want to do for it? i would!
I’m so confused wat to pack! I’ve got so much I want to take!!! I am guna be away for over 2 months so i need alot of stuff! With bags i’ve been lookin at the suitcases with the backpack straps but when its full i dont think i’d be able to carry it on my back anyway! and if i did id probably hurt myself! so i think i’ll probably end up with a suitcase and a satchel for my daypack as i dont really like backpacks, make u look touristy! and I dont know if i need one of those dagy passport pouches that go under ur shirt, my mum wants me to use one shes paranoid I’m gunna get robbed and attacked, especially when I’m by myself in Germany, bless her!

Bye for now!!
Cat

Hi Cat! I am travelling solo, half scared, half excited… well, more excited as the time nears! 54 Days for me, then I am on my way!

I also have to pack for more than this tour - I am not looking forward to trying to pack. I am taking a wheelie backpack, and not a suitcase.

Mr Bus Driver… Are we there yet? Are we there yet? giggles

Steve

[quote=15514]Hi Cat! I am travelling solo, half scared, half excited… well, more excited as the time nears! 54 Days for me, then I am on my way!

I also have to pack for more than this tour - I am not looking forward to trying to pack. I am taking a wheelie backpack, and not a suitcase.

Steve[/quote]

Hahahaha…u will soon figure out there the worst words u can ever say to a driver…!!! Unless u like walking of course…BWAHAHAHAHAA…;D

Hi Apa!
Just a quick story for you… A couple years ago my best friend Claire went on the Winter Essentials Topdeck trip, and had an amazing time. I’m now going on the European Odyssey trip in August, and Claire can’t stop telling me what a great time I’ll have.
And then she goes, 'I had the best bus driver. His name was Apa, and he was awesome, I really hope you get Apa!'
So I don’t know if I will get you as my driver, but just know that you definitely have a huge impact on the travellers!

Hey Brianna,
WOW Its a small world isnt it… :slight_smile: Thanx for the kind words, i try and make each tour special and see wat the dynamics of the group are like and take it from there. Its different with each tour…so i do mix it up a little… ;D

If its the same Claire im thinking bout, she has a friend called Laura., i could be wrong but would be funny to find out…can u ask her wat the Tour leaders name was…???

Not sure if i will be ur driver or not., anythings possible… ;D Its looking pretty good thou, my last tour from Russia finishes on the 26.07 so im available for that trip but unsure if its in my scheduele… B-)

It’s definitely the same Claire you’re thinking of, she did travel with Laura! She said the tour leader was called Michaela, and mentioned something about a Jager filled bus party? Sounds like fun!
Haha, hope to see you on the European Odyssey on the 7th August! We’ll wait and see, I guess! :slight_smile:

HELLLLO EVERYONEEE!
(I’ve been a little absent ont his forum cause I’ve been the Caribbean)
Oh my! I am sooo excited! And soo pleased that more people are taking this tour. Thanks Mr. Bus Driver APA for contacting us… I’m sure we all fill a bit better being introduced to you early!

I cannnnot waitttt… it’s about a month or so away, and don’t worry i havent started to pack either. But i will pack LIGHT! Cause I know ill want souvenirs and to do shopping! Haha!

Steve, you are not alone… I will be celebrating a bday too on this tour!! So your bday night and mine are more a reason to go out at night! :slight_smile:

Catherine, you are too funny. I just read your last post to my mom, she loves u and ur mom already. Cause my mom wants me to wear a passport/money belt too. Ahhh and i dont want to. Ive been to Europe before and nothing bad has ever happened to me knock on wood Any suggestions guys as to bring one or not? Also, I just bought a black satchel bag for this trip too. It’s the way to go… You wanna blend in as much as you can hehe.

50 days left!!

[quote=15725][quote=15514]Hi Cat! I am travelling solo, half scared, half excited… well, more excited as the time nears! 54 Days for me, then I am on my way!

Steve[/quote]

Hahahaha…u will soon figure out there the worst words u can ever say to a driver…!!! Unless u like walking of course…BWAHAHAHAHAA…;D
[/quote]

Well Apa, I could do with the exercise, but I will be sure to keep you on my good side! Can only imagine how many times you get asked that very question!

bjd, I don’t have my birthday on tour, but do between now and then :slight_smile: I am sure though we can party twice as hard for your birthday though :slight_smile:

These last weeks are going so quick!

Steve