Difference between the Vrgada and Vrgada on Deck?

I’m assuming it’s a cabin difference, but can anyone tell me a bit more?

I saw many differences and it is obvious comfort!

Hi guys,

Just to clarify above deck cabins are on the boats main deck and have access to the sea. Below deck cabins are in the lower part of the boat and are cheaper, however they also tend to be a bit cooler on hot days.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.
Cheers,
Topdeck Team

[quote=23014] above deck cabins are on the boats main deck and have access to the sea. Below deck cabins are in the lower part of the boat and are cheaper, however they also tend to be a bit cooler on hot days.
[/quote]

Hi,

I’m planning on booking my Split to Dubrovnik sailing tour tomorrow (for the 2nd July) and need to decide between the on deck or below deck cabins. I have read the above explanation of the difference but can’t find any more descriptive info or pictures in order to answer my question… I need to know if the below deck cabins ‘in the lower part of the boat’ are actually below the water line that you walk down into, or if they are along the lower outer deck of a two deck boat? (and the above deck cabins ‘on the boats main deck’ are on the outer highest deck?)

Do the below deck cabins have windows that open to the outside (sea breeze)? I get seasick so I need to know this about the cabin differences very specifically before I book!

As I’m booking tomorrow, if staff or people who have done the tour could let me know today, i’d really appreciate it!

Cheers, Alli

Hi Alli,

Below deck cabins are underneath the boat. You climb down a ladder/staircase from the main deck to go underneath. These cabins are not below the waterline, but the water is not far from the cabins. You can open the port holes when the boat has stopped and water is calm but there is generally not much breeze flowing through at this level. These rooms do tend to be cooler on hot days though.

When the boat is travelling, or if the water is rough, the crew will ask you to make sure all Below Deck cabins have closed their port holes so water doesn’t splash in (thatÂ’s how close to the water it is).

Above Deck Cabins can either be the same level that you walk onto the boat on – OR it can also be on the 2nd level of the boat. If you suffer from seasickness we recommend going for an Above deck cabin.

Cheers,
Topdeck Team

Thanks for the quick and helpful reply! I’ve decided to change to the Greek Island Hopper, as I’ve read a few blogs on the sailing tour and I feel like the Greek Islands tour is more for me :slight_smile:

Hi Alli,
Not a problem - glad to be of assistance :slight_smile:
Cheers, Topdeck