Day trips in London

Hi All,

I am hoping to do a couple of day trips around London before and after my Winter Spirit tour in November/December. I see that the Clink (where I am staying) has a tour desk. Would it be OK to book them while I am there or would you recommend pre-booking before I left?

I just wasn’t sure how quickly they fill up.

Thanks!

You should be able to arrange day trips a day or two in advance, but it’s always good to do a bit of research and work out exactly what you want to do… you can always often get good discounts/deals by booking online in advance.

Thanks Trent… might have to do a bit of research. I am thinking Stonhenge and Bath, and I would also like to go to Liverpool and do a Beatles tour. Well, that’s the plan anyway!

Arrange your day trip with a good tourist guide first.

Best sight viewing in London is Pitt Rivers Museum. It’s an Aladdin’s cave. Good places to eat is Jericho Tavern where you can have couple of beers for chilling out by sitting on a big sofas listening to live music. There are bus, train. I prefer train as they are fast from Victoria station.

Hi Kelly, I’m also headed to London for the Winter Spirit in December! haha

I have found that Golden Tours (http://www.goldentours.com) offer a huge range of tours including the stonehenge/bath tour and coincidently the beatles tour too!

I’d be inclined to book in advanced to give time to organise getting to the meeting point etc!

Good luck!

Yes, It’s an advantage to book a trip earlier an you may also look for discounts coupon. It is important to have an itinerary where you about to go so that you can maximize your time.

You should be able to organize day visits a day or two in enhance, but it’s always excellent to do a bit of analysis and do out exactly what you want to do.