Cheap items to take on tour - Sydney

As I (and I assume many others) are travelling on a budget, I thought a discussion on cheap travel items would be appropriate and a good idea. [br][br]I shall start off by saying I found a ‘Travel Hair Dryer’ for only $14.99 in the Aldi catalogue for w/c 11/6/2009. It looks quite small and the handle folds up. Its 1400W - not sure how strong that is though. Will check it out this weekend.[br][br]Amanda[br][br]Eastern Spirit 12th August 2009[br]&[br]Roman Chariot 15th September 2009

Question as well. I have noticed some hair dryers say: ‘Dual voltage for use overseas’ or similar. They are all around $35-$50.[br][br]Does anyone know what this means and, if the one on sale at Aldi does not say this, would it not work overseas?[br][br]Amanda[br][br]Eastern Spirit 12th August 2009[br]&[br]Roman Chariot 15th September 2009

Hey Amanda, I think it depends where your going, from what i can gather Australia has similar voltage to most of Europe but places like the united states are different. I think if its dual it will work everywhere (with the correct plug adaptors). Google ‘world voltage guides’ to see if all the places you will be visiting are similar to Australia.[br][br]Anyone had any problems using aussie appliances in Europe?