Charging whilst on camping tour?

Hi guys, i’m going on a european tour soon and it’s camping. i’m just wondering how charging your phones and cameras works here. are there places you can charge your phone up around the campsite? thanks!

I had a similar question just the other day, I’m doing a camping trip on Africa and asked TopDeck via live chat and they told me the trucks used to transport us will have charging ports, I would imagine its the same in Europe. Hope you have the best trip! :relaxed:

Buy yourself a portable camp light that also has an USB port built into it. We took one on our camping tour, used it to light the tent at night, then to charge our phones during the day. :+1:

And yes, the Europe tour buses have chargers on them.

Hey guys,

I just got back from doing the Mega European, which was amazing but it was all hostels so I can’t comment on the charging arrangement. Even so I always carried a portable charger (like a rechargeable battery) on me which proved useful many times. I would suggest maybe considering some of the stuff Goal Zero make. I’m looking at getting a Nomad 7 (Maybe the second version) and either the 400lumem lantern or mini lantern. They are like $90 for the mini lantern, $130 for the bigger lantern and then they can be charged by the solar panel which I think is around $130AUD aswell. This is what I’m getting for hiking anyway, and the lantern acts as both a battery and a light.

Cheers
Zac

Hey! Bit late to the topic but I just finished a mostly camping topdeck trip! So there are normally ports to charge your electronics in the bathroom in most places (but not all). In the middle of the camping field there are sometimes ports as well. Switzerland was the only place (14 different countries) i could not charge my phone as you had to use a swiss port and the cost of one was huge. Try not to rely too much on the charging on the bus because it is really slow. And don’t rely on the wifi on the bus or at campsite (so slow). Our bus one bombed out 4 days into the trip in my Europe one and for my topdeck american trip we didnt even have wifi. Hope this helped

I just got back from doing the Mega European, which was amazing but it was all hostels so I can’t comment on the charging arrangement.