Britain & Ireland Tour

Hey Guys,[br][br]Just wanting to see if anyone else is doing the Britain & Ireland tour? [br][br]I’m going on the 5th September and would love to meet people on this trip or other tour dates and maybe even swap tips/advice ;D[br][br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

Also, admin can you tell me how many people need to be booked on this trip for it to go ahead? and if there’e any chance of it not happening? [br][br]Thanks ;D[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

[quote]Originally posted by nicoletta0511[br]
Also, admin can you tell me how many people need to be booked on this trip for it to go ahead? and if there’e any chance of it not happening? [br][br]Thanks ;D[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands[br][/quote][br][br]Yeah i’d be interested to as the trip i’m going on isn’t guaranteed yet either[br][br]Discover Europe 2009 [br](17th Sept 09 - 12th Oct 2009)

Hi Guys,[br][br]Bookings are going pretty well and we are only in March :)[br][br]OK, in the unlikely event of us having to cancel any tours, we would be in touch with you way beforehand (at least 6 weeks before departure) and would offer you alternatives or a full refund.[br][br]Best wishes,[br][br]Anita

[quote]Bookings are going pretty well and we are only in March :)[br][br]OK, in the unlikely event of us having to cancel any tours, we would be in touch with you way beforehand (at least 6 weeks before departure) and would offer you alternatives or a full refund.[br][/quote] [br][br]Glad to hear that people are interested in this tour, i’m really looking forward to this and my other topdeck adventure :)[br][br]Thanks for the help Anita[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

Is anyone else doing this tour???[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

Hi Nicole[br][br]I am doing this tour too! I booked last week and my travel agent said that it has now been confirmed as a guaranteed departure - so we now don’t need to worry about the whole thing being called off - phew![br][br]Have you travelled before or will this be your first trip? I went to Scandinavia and the Mediterranean coast three years ago (and loved it!) but this will be my first trip to the UK and Ireland. I am very excited![br][br]Where will you be travelling from? I am from Melbourne, Australia.[br][br]Hope to hear back from you.[br][br]Sarah[br]

Hi Sarah,[br][br]Woohoo! Finally meet someone else doing this tour. Are we on the same departure date? [br][br]I’m from Newcastle, Australia and this will be my first time going to the UK and Europe. I am on the Grand European tour in July so i’m hoping that i’m not TOO sick of the buses by the time this tour starts. I think i’ve given myself a fair ‘recovery’ time in between tours ;D[br][br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

Hi Nicole[br][br]Nice to hear back from you. :slight_smile: Yes, we are definately on the same tour.[br][br]How long do you have between the Grand European tour ending and this one starting? I did two tours back to back (with a different company) in 2006 and by midway through the second tour I was so sick of getting onto the coach each day. But you’ve just got to remind yourself that unless you are planning on staying in one location the whole time, you are inevitably going to have to catch some form of transport each day to get around. And atleast by being on a tour, you don’t need to stress about how you are going to get around, everything is taken care of for you. :)[br][br]I will be doing the Spirit of Europe tour ten days after this one finishes. I think that will be adequate time.[br][br]I wonder what the weather is going to be like over there? I hear that it rains a lot in Ireland so I’ll be packing some wet weather gear. I just wonder how cold it gets though? Autumn over there would have to be cooler than Autumn here in Oz.[br][br]Speak to you again soon.[br][br]Sarah[br][br][br][br][br][br][br][br][br][br][br][br]

Sarah,[br][br]So nice to meet someone doing the same tour, You’re the first person i’ve met doing this one. You said it’s now a guaranteed departure, that’s awesome! i was a little ocncerned if they were gonna get the numbers up but it’s a new tour so i guess people got interested, i know i am! I think also it’s a smaller group for the type of tour that it is? Maybe Admin can answer that one. [br][br]I have about 2 weeks between my tours so i hope that’s enough time to recover (fingers crossed). You’re right though, we all have to travel between each place some way and really it’s about the journey not just the destination. Either way i’m sure the bus will provide some pretty unique memories ;D[br][br]I’m concerned about the weather as well, i’m mostly packing light and summery for europe but then Ireland is gonna be heaps cold so i’m not too sure what to do about that. I think layering might be the best option lol[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

Hey guys, i went to the UK and Scotland in september last year, it is pretty cold for Autumn!! We had some of the nicest weather they had all summer (it was still only about 20 on the best day) I wore jeans and a t-shirt most days but always have you jumper cause it gets cold quick!!

Hi JoJords. [br][br]Thanks for the advice regarding the weather. I thought that it would be a bit chilly in Ireland, but from the sounds of it it won’t be as cold as I expected. I will definately pack my jeans and jumpers though. [br][br]Do you have any suggestions about “must see” places in the UK and Scotland we should check out? I’m reading as many lonely planet guides as I can get my hands on, but they name so many places, maybe you can suggest the best of the best?[br][br]Cheers[br][br]Sarah

Hi Nicole[br][br]I think two weeks rest time between tours is plenty of time. Will you hang out in London and see the sights during this time or are you planning on spending time elsewhere? When I have my ten days break between tours I will spend it in London.[br][br]I’ve read somewhere that there will be 16 people on average on our tour, so it will be a small group. Hopefully we will have a good bunch of people.[br][br]I wonder if we get a chance to see Stonehenge during this tour? I’d doesn’t say so in the itinerary, but we are travelling back to London from that direction so maybe we do.[br][br]Anyway, I better get back to work now.[br][br]Cya, Sarah

It just depends on what you like to what you want to see in the UK, but Scotland was my favourite place in Europe so I could go on for days about all the stuff to see! Edinburgh is so beautiful, must see the castle (its the best one we saw the whole time we were in the UK), the whiskey tour at the whiskey heritage center is good for a look, shopping for scottish stuff on the Royal Mile (there is a really cool shop that sells heaps of different sgian dubh which is scottish knives) going on open bus tours (we went on one in nearly every place we went!) eating lunch in Princes Park at the bottom of the castle. If you have to chance to go up to Loch ness it is beautiful! My partner and I drove around Scotland so we had a bit of time to do stuff! London is easy to see most of the big sites in a day. London Eye is awesome, Madame Tussades, Bukingham Palace and Stonehenge! Plus I juts loved walking in the parks and feeding the squirrels! Hope this helps, any more questions juts ask![br]Jo

Thanks for the head-up and useful info JoJords!! [br][br][br][br] [quote]I think two weeks rest time between tours is plenty of time. Will you hang out in London and see the sights during this time or are you planning on spending time elsewhere? [/quote][br][br]Sarah,[br][br]My brother actually lives in London so i’ll be staying with him and have him take me sightseeing while i’m there. I’m using London as a base and spending 1 to 2 weeks between each section of my trip to relax a bit and spend some time with my Bro. [br][br]Also through him i am able to go on day trips to stonehenge etc so i’m pretty stoked about that, it becomes one less thing to organise and ultimately pay for :)[br][br]I also read that the tour was a small-ish one which i’m pretty stoked about. That means a chance to get to know everyone and hopefully become a tight-knit group. [br][br]Also, if you want to chat via email let me know [^][br][br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

Jo[br][br]Thank you for your suggestions. You’ve put a lot of ideas in my head. We will be in Edinburgh for three days on this tour, so I might be able to fit in everything you’ve suggested! I have heard really good things about Edinburgh so I can’t wait to check it out. Also, I’m looking forward to feeding the squirrels now, I didn’t realise you could! Hopefully they are friendly little critters.[br][br]Cheers[br][br]Sarah

Yeah the squirells will come up to you if you have food, my boyfriend and I were facinated my them!! Edinburgh is sooooooooo beautiful!! And if you go up to Loch ness keep your eye out for Highland Cattle, they are the cutest things with four legs!!!

Hey guys, i am Jen, i am from scotland so if anyone has any questions about the Uk feel free to ask!![br];D[br][br]From Edinburgh, joining the Grand European in spetember 09[br]

Hi Guys,[br]I’m also from Scotland (Glasgow), although I Now live in Sydney, Australia. Like Jensta, I’m happy to help out if you guys have any questions or would like any local knowledge.[br]After Edinburgh, I always recommend people try to get over and check out Stirling too (about half way between Edinburgh & Glasgow) If you’re into history, and you’d like to know more about William Wallace (ie. Braveheart) etc then this is a great place to go. [br]I love Loch Ness and that whole area of the highlands. If you were going to the west coast to see Glasgow I would recommend going up to check out Loch Lomond too (about 25mins north of Glasgow). And if you had any more time I would say anything up the North West coast (Glencoe, Fort William, Ben Nevis, Isle of Skye) is well worth a visit too![br]Try an internet search aand have a look at some of these places, if you’re interested. Hope this helps![br][br]Bravo Italia (27/9/09 - 9/10/09)

Hi Nicole[br][br]I’ve sent you an email by clicking on the email button on this website. Hopefully you get it, if not just let me know and we can exchange contact details another way.[br][br]Cya[br][br]Sarah[br][br]