Britain & Ireland 2010

Hey!

Just wondering when the list for the optional activities will be sent out/put up on the website for this tour?

I just want to have a rough idea of how much these are going to cost so I can work them into my budget. Even if anyone has one from
last year, that would be awesome!!

Bec

BRITAIN & IRELAND 2010 (Sept 25)

Heya! I would also like the list! Its up for my first tour but not the britain/ireland! Tiff xx

Should be e-mailed to you 6 weeks before departure. I’ll take a look and see if I have my list from my trip in May.

The most expensive optional was the highland day tour but it was definately worth it!

Any other questions feel free to ask.

I was on the first tour of the season I think so some things may change. These were the optionals that were listed and my opinion of whether or not it was worth it as I did most of them.

Scottish Ceilidh Dinner 45GBP (okay if you really love Scotland. Not worth it for the general person. Basically dinner with show dancing and music.)

Edinburgh Pub Crawl 8GBP (Do this)

Loch Ness Day Trip 39GBP (Long day out likely before the pub crawl but worth it if you want to know about Scottish history. At Loch Ness there is a boat that will tour part of the lake for 1 hour - extra 10 quid)

Aran Islands Trip 27 Euro (including ferry and bus shuttle) (Wonderful day out from Galway! Beautiful cliffs and scenery. Quite hilly, don’t do the bike tour like I did unless you are very fit. Pack a lunch or snacks to bring with you, if you don’t there is a deli and a Spar on the island. There are bus tours that take you to a majority of the sites for 10GBP but you are stuck to a time limit at each site and can’t stop everywhere, like the white sand beach).

Hadrian’s Wall (old Roman fort and views of the wall) 4.50GBP (Beautiful countryside in the midst of sheep fields. Loved it.)

Rock of Cashel 6 Euro (Old church where St. Patrick was known for turning a Munster King Catholic. Old Building. 45 minute tour will take up most of your lunch stop. Maybe a walk around the town would be better? I didn’t see any of the town though.)

Black Cab Tour in Belfast 10 Euro (Worth it! Lovely Irish men take you around the different Protestant and Catholic areas explaining the murals and the history of the conflict.)

Stonehenge 5.20GBP (Lovely. Makes you feel really young and little in light of all of the history there. You can’t go near the stones any more but it was still worth it. Free audioguide included in price.)

Whisky Tour outside Glasgow 6GBP (Go only if you like Whisky and are interested in how they make it. We happened to go the night after the pub crawl so the tour of an alcohol factory while hungover might not appeal to some. People who choose not to go will wait on the bus or take a walk until the tour is done as it is in a very rural setting. Tour lasts about one hour.)

If you have any other questions just let me know by e-mail. jsm1704@gmail.com

Have fun!

Hi Bec,

I’m on this tour, too, from 8.14-8.20. When are you going? Or have you already gone?

Nayla

Nevermind. I saw your dates after posting. Sorry.