Booking pre/post accomodation through travel agent

Just a question.

I am in the process of booking my pre and post accomodation. Topdeck’s website / Clink website suggests accomodation at Clink for 3 nights comes out around $110 for 3 nights. My travel agent is quoting me $190 to book it through them. I understand that they need to make money somehow, but this seems to be a big markup.

How did others book accomodation, through their travel agent or privately?

[quote=22212]Just a question.

I am in the process of booking my pre and post accomodation. Topdeck’s website / Clink website suggests accomodation at Clink for 3 nights comes out around $110 for 3 nights. My travel agent is quoting me $190 to book it through them. I understand that they need to make money somehow, but this seems to be a big markup.

How did others book accomodation, through their travel agent or privately?[/quote]

I booked it through my agent with no mark up.

Hey Cathy,

Im a travel agent, just tell her you found it cheaper and see if she can match it. There is normally no mark up on what topdeck charges and then the travel agent charges. We get paid our commission by the tour company not the client.

Happy travels!

Hi there,

My name is Camille and I am the Reservations Manager at Clink78. I couldnÂ’t help but notice that you left a comment on TopDeckÂ’s forum regarding booking pre and post accommodation through your travel agent. Hmm, itÂ’s a tricky decision for you and of course IÂ’d like to say book directly though Clink78Â’s website but I suppose it is a matter of choice for you. Price over convenience? ItÂ’s up to you Â… If you do decide to book through us, please contact me directly on 0207 183 9400 and I will be happy to deal with your request personally.

Regardless, Clink78 is looking forward to accommodating you and we will do our best to make your stay as wonderful as possible.

Have a great day B-)

Hey there Cathy,

I too had a similar price problem like that, however my travel agent is a good friend and suggested I look personally as well, i found the prices to be about similar, but note that certain times and dates are a little more expensive, (ie weekends)

I ended up booking at clink 261 (ashley house) 7 mins from clink78 as its about 25-35pounds difference a night, and you dont pay til you arrive just use a credit card to secure the booking,

hope this helps

J