Book List

[br]I put together a book list for my 5wk trip in Europe. Mostly for the plane ride and long bus journeys. (i have an overnight trip from Edinburgh to London). I know that I probably willn’t finish all of them. Does anyone else have a list?[br][br]A book a week[br]1. Angel and Demons[br]2. ******* out of Carolina[br]3 Shy Girl: A novel[br]4. I, Claudius[br]5. Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe[br][br]Livia

lol. They censored the title for #2. The word means a kid born out of wedlock.

lol im a massive reader too, but i couldnt carry that many books with everything else im taking.[br][br]but i’m taking top deck daze (its actually on how top deck started - cracks me up everytime!!!), a rick steves travel guide, a phrasebook and a travel journal lol[br][br]but i also have audio books and movies on my ipod :)[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

I’m thinking as well you probably won’t want to be carrying that many books with you as well. They aren’t exactly light in weight.[br]And with everything else that your taking…[br][br]I’m looking at getting a movie ipod as well to fill in time on the bus etc as well… I did take a mp3 player last time with me last time but rarely used it. I liked watching the scenery around me and hearing what was going on. :)[br][br]I’m thinking this time around as well I have to pack even less because I also need to include a sleeping bag as well.[br][br]Sorry, I got a little off the subject lol

hey cruisey[br][br]i have the ipod classic 80Gb i am currently just over half full, with 12 movies, 6 seasons of tv shows, 425 songs and 139 podcasts (including video podcasts)[br][br]my friends gave me a program where i can turn any dvd i own into an ipod movie ;D let me know if u want it :)[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

Oh! This is something I’ve been thinking about for a while… I’m a huge reader and to go 8 months without books would kill me. I obviously can’t take books with me as they weigh too much and would become superflous after I’ve finished them. I am a massive Harry Potter fan, so I think I’m going to upload the audio books that Jim Dale does. They are apparently really good![br][br]Other then that, I may take one or two books with me… I’ll have to see how much my case weighs before I do though![br][br]Pharaoh’s Footsteps: Oct 18th, 2008.[br]Winter European Getaway: Nov 25th, 2008.

hey allison[br][br]i have the Stephen Fry HP Audio books lol theyre so good![br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

Good topic guys! I love Harry Potter but have currently read them to death! I am reading a fantastic series of books at the moment it’s called the sword of truth, hopfully I haven’t read them all before i leave! Anyway thats my recommendation, there is nine in the series so you can always finish them when you get back! Its a fantasy, if you like that sort of stuff!! Oh its by Terry G

sorry, computer bugged out! Terry Goodkind!

hey jo jords im a massive fantasy fan…[br][br]infact i need a new bookself because i have too many books[br][br]completely OT but am reading Mists of Avalon atm… but my fav authors are all aussie - traci harding, fiona mcintosh and jennifer fallon :)[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

Leeana, if you love fantasy you will love this series, it have everything! Im just up to the 5th book, and I am hooked! Worth while to look out for![br]Jo

Just finished the last book “Confessor” in the Terry Goodkind series :slight_smile: The first few books were great… had a coupla average ones and then the last couple in the series are really good again!! :)[br][br]If anyone wants to buy/borrow them… I’ve got most of them. I’m in Perth. [br][br]A[br][br]wahoo! 3 more sleeps til Europe! :slight_smile:

Hey! i’ve heard how good “topdeck daze” is!! anyone know where i could find a copy?? would i find it at most book stores?? thanx!x

jenna-aus - i actually seen a copy of top deck daze in my A&R bookshop.[br][br]i got my copy for free when i was working at flight centre (its how FC started)[br][br]ill have to check out that series jojords :)[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

hey whirlsie[br]i was thinking of doing the same with audiobooks and videos on my ipod.[br]but i have no idea how to get the dvds on my ipod. can u let me know the place you used![br]thanks a million[br][br]Ebony + Amanda[br]European Emperor 9 July[br]East Meets West 21 July

ebony if u have msn i can send the file to u… thats how my friend sent it to me… i might be able to send it via email but its pretty big file…[br][br]if u want u can email me at whirl_wind_galaxy@hotmail.com[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

Yeah andy my friend just finished the confessor too and said it was brilliant! Im only on the book number five, and like you said this one isnt quite as good as the first four I read![br]

Thanx Whirlsie!i’ll check out some book stores! x

I took a a book to read mainly for the bus but didn’t even manage to finish it and I was away for almost 7 wks.

If tyou must take a book…Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts, is awesome! Based on his life escaping an Australian prison. The only down-fall is it is quite big in size. By far one of the best novels I have read.