Backpacks..HELP!

HEY EVERYONE, I WAS WONDERING ABOUT THE TYPE OF BAG EVERYONE IS GETTING. I KNOW THAT WE ARE NOT ALLOWED EXTERNALLY FRAMED BAGS BUT ARE BACKPACKS WITH WHEELS ALLOWED? IT IS A SOFT BAG IT JUST HAS WHEELS ON IT. IF ANYONE CAN SHED SOME LIGHT AS TO WHAT BAGS THEY TOOK AND WHAT WAS MOST PRACTICAL I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT. [br][br]THANKS KASE

Hey there,[br]I got a back pack on wheels as well! I just thougtht it would be eaiser that way! Im sure it will be fine as long as the size is right and the weight is not over 20kg!!![br][br]Kristie-Lee[br]Summer Fun Sailing 24th July!!! :)[br][br]KB

Hey if you guys need a good reference or anyonce else reading may be interested… i work at Anaconda (huge camping travel outdoor store) anyway we sell wicked travel packs and i’d recommend a ‘Deuter traveller’ good packs real comfy, retail for like $360 and up but you can get them on the net pretty cheap when you know what your after. if you go to stores try them on and take note of the exact product you cant go wrong!![br][br][br][br]alice m

I bought a Denali backpack from Anaconda a few months back and also a microfibre towel! And i must say, you should really check out the store! Really great bargains!!

If you live in Australia, Kathmandu have a massive winter sale on at the moment! I got a large microfibre towel for $15!! ;D[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European 28th July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland 5th September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

hey just an added comment. Does anyone know how many Litres a 70 by 50 by 25cm bag holds? because on the topdeck website they are the dimensions given for the maximum bag size. I’m guessing that it would have to be a fairly standand sized bag so that they are redily available, otherwise noone would comply to the weight and size restrition. [br][br]kasey

I just wanted to recommend Anaconda for travel bags too. There was a large selection, and had very friendly staff.[br][br]Amanda[br][br]Eastern Spirit 12th August 2009[br]&[br]Roman Chariot 15th September 2009

not sure about capacity of that size kase. im pretty sure u can squish n change etc.[br][br]this is what i bought:[br]
http://www.kathmandu.com.au/Packs_&_Luggage/Travel/40261/Interloper_x-Pac™_v3.html
[br][br]i measured a fully packed one n it was slightly larger than dimensions but can squish down under the size. the guy that sold me it said he bought one too n a girl just b4 me bought one for contiki. hopefully no one on the same trip has the same bag n colour now that ive posted this link. ahahah! :)[br][br]…but by all means go ahead n get one if u r on the same trip n like the bag. we can use different tags. :p[br][br]-------------------------------------------------------------------------[br]Spending over 2months in Europe travelling.[br][br]Summer Fun n Sailing July 24th - Aug 18th[br][br]Ibiza, croatia sailing/greek island sailing, possibly checking out Poland, Oktoberfest then home! :frowning:

Sorry for double post… i actually lied. 1000cm3 = 1L[br][br]70x50x25 = 87500 so 87.5L. [br]This would be for a suitcase n non-squishable bag.[br][br]Found a post from admin… apparently gotta try to keep to size dimensions but if its slightly out its ok but u gotta keep weight to a maximum of 20kg.[br][br]-------------------------------------------------------------------------[br]Spending over 2months in Europe travelling.[br][br]Summer Fun n Sailing July 24th - Aug 18th[br][br]Ibiza, croatia sailing/greek island sailing, possibly checking out Poland, Oktoberfest then home! :frowning: