Backpack

Not sure if you have the same brands as I do here but any local outdoor shop should be able to help you out. For normal travel, but not “backpacking” the fabric should be heavy, not thin or nylon feeling and zippers should be thick and run fast and smooth. Most of the good brands have lifetime guarantee from defects and repair programs for normal wear and tear. Try everything on and get a good fit; not all backpacks fit all people.

For these trips (mine is a Eurohotel) is it smarter to bring a backpack? [br]I have heard people say backpack and some say no, bring a suitcase. I wanted to hear from someone that has actually done a topdeck tour.[br][br]Mine is 18 days, but we are staying in hotels. Do you carry your bags a lot?

check with topdeck, but most tour companies don’t like rigid suitcases because they’re harder to pack into the storage section of the bus. I’m pretty sure you’re not allowed to take backpacks with external frames either - tho there is no reason why you’d have such a pack on the hotel tour! There are other options too - holdalls are kinda inbetween a suitcase and a backpack which is what i use because i injured my back and can’t carry a backpack. They’re softer than suitcases but you can wheel them around quite easily.[br]Hope that helps!

Hi[br][br]I am doing the Grand European tour Departing London on 8 May and then the Edenburgh Mini Break departing London on about 5 June.[br][br]I am taking a suitcase because after my tour I will be living in London and I have a lot of things to bring with me.[br][br]Has anyone been on a tour where someone took a suitcase?[br]Is it alright to take a suitcase on Topdeck tours?[br][br]From kat22

Hi there,[br][br]I have not done a topdeck tour before (I leave in September on my first), nevertheless i have noticed with other companies i have traveled with it is about 50/50 suitcase vs backpacks. [br][br]Just looking at the FAQ’s for topdeck (see excert below) it does not say you are not allowed a suitcase[br][br]Europe Trips - Each person is allowed 1 item of standard size luggage plus a day pack (and sleeping bag if EuroClub or EuroCamping trip). The maximum weight of your main bag must not exceed 20kgs. Size must not exceed 70cm x 50cm x 25cm. Due to the strict weight regulations for our coaches in Europe, passengers whose luggage exceeds 20kgs will be asked to offload the excess on the departure morning. Storage facilities are available at the departure point in London but not in other joining cities in Europe so the best thing is to simply bring as little as possible.[br][br][br]Hope this helps[br][br]Thanks[br][br]Carissa