Backpack or Suitcase?!?!?!

I am traveling to USA for a tour this year and im wondering should i take a suitcase or a backpack? Whats everyone’S opinions? And pro’s and Con’s for both? This is my first solo travel, and my longest flight yet!

@kaylahleigh1997
Hi there!
It comes down to personal preference for this one. I did a USA tour end of last year and there was a huge mixture of bags.
In my travels through Europe in the past - I loved using my Backpack, whilst now I would much rather suitcase.
sorry not very helpful :wink:
I would suggest spending a bit extra though and get decent quality then it will last you for ages.

@leah_mh
Hey Leah, i have one of each but im just not too sure… i have a hard case suitcase or a big backpack. I think im leaning mroe towards the suitcase, but wasnt sure with hostels and the buses on what is easier! :slight_smile:

Hey @kaylahleigh1997
I would lean towards the hard case suitcase too but either will be fine and they make it work when packing the bus.

Thankyou!!! @leah_mh

I did a tour in the states a few years ago and had a suitcase. Had no issues, plenty space on the bus and in the rooms. My room mate had a pack and always had to unpack everything to find what she wanted where at least with mine it was easy enough to search through and close back up. Only thing I suggest is have something that easily identifies your bag or better yet a bright colour case cause flying into LAX or JFK where everyone is, it’s a mission and a half to find a black or dark colour bag.

I’m pretty lucky, my suitcase is aqua and my backpack is a dark pink! So the colours are OK. I think going to go with a suitcase. It has a hard cover too to protect it a bit more!

Thank you @NZ.Rach

I feel like in the USA, you’re fine with a suitcase. If you were headed to Europe, I’d suggest the backpack, purely because some of the streets are cobblestones, and I watched people with cases struggle. Either way, the trip will be fun.

yeah exactly what I am thinking about. Thanks a lot.