Backpack or Suitcase?

What is better? Backpack or suitcase?[br][br]I have a suitcase but the pre departure info say’s ‘frameless backpack’. my suitcase doesn’t have an external frame that would damage other bags so would i still be able to use my suitcase or do i have to buy a backpack for my main bag. [br][br]thanks[br][br]Nikki[br]European Getaway 25 April[br]Britain and Ireland 16May

Hi Nikki, a suitcase is fine - it’s only backpacks that need to be frameless. Whether people choose a backpack or suitcase depends on personal choice. I’m a suitcase traveller, but many others prefer a backpack. I think that either is absolutely fine, so if you already have a suitcase don’t spend extra money on a backpack.[br][br]Red Star Special[br]26 July 2009

Thanks Kiwi.me[br][br]That really helps

I’ve heard backpack is best for all those hostels etc that have tiny lifts where going up the stairs is best. Also dragging a suitcase along some of the places with cobbled streets doesn’t sound fun at all… with that said i am a complete hypocrite and am taking a suitcase, purely because i hurt my back a year ago and i’m short so backpack isn’t best for me. you need to do what’s best for you personally. hope that helps ;D[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands