Athens To London 13th July - Anyone?

Hi All,[br][br]I"m counting down the days to my trip & wondering if anyone else is joining the camping trip from Athens to London??[br][br]Travelling solo - so keen to meet a fellow traveller! [br][br]Cheers Chantelle;D

Hi Chantelle,[br][br]Im travelling solo on this tour as well!! Was just searching the forum hoping i would find someone!! [br][br]Tegan[br][br]:wink: if you obey all the rules you miss all the fun[br][br]* Pamplona 6 Day Fiesta 2009[br]* Athens to London July 13 2009

My girlfriend and I are doing this itinerary but we doing it a month earlier. Cant wait for it, its gonna be great. What are you doing in athens before the trip, are you spending a night or going straight to the tour?

hi danleibman[br][br]im coming over from spain on the sunday afternoon so have one night booked so i will use that night and the next day to have a look at athens. our tour starts the monday night.[br][br]enjoy your trip - im sure it will be a blast!![br][br]:wink: if you obey all the rules you miss all the fun[br][br]* Pamplona 6 Day Fiesta 2009[br]* Athens to London July 13 2009

Hi Tegan & Dan,[br][br]I’m getting excited only a few months to go!! [br]I’m glad some one else is doing this tour…starting to think I was going to have the bus to my self :)[br][br]I’m getting to Athens a day before, so not sure where I’m staying yet? Do you guys have any sugestions? I’m also curious around how you are getting from Athens to the campsite?? [br][br]Also - silly question R u taking a pillow?? [br][br]I can’t wait!!!

We staying at a best western hotel near omonia square. Its nothing fancy but considering its only 1 night and we will be camping for 25nights after, i reckon it will be fine. Its quite easy to get to that hotel from the airport (I think the metro goes straight their) and also gettin to the campsite, top deck gave directions from omonia square, so it should be quite easy. Maybe bout an hour or so on the metro and a bus. [br][br]Was wondering what to do about a pillow. We goin to italy for a few days before, so may just buy one their on the last day to take to greece, or maybe get on in greece. [br][br]heres the name of the hotel we stayin at in athens: Best Western Elysium Design Hotel[br]Athens, GR. I thnk we paid 67 euro for 2 of us. Not too bad[br][br][br]

Thanks for that! I’ve checked it out & looks like a goer - i’ve been scouting around for a place close to the train line.[br][br]I’m going to try & get one of those small travel pillow things, see how it goes & then if it’s no good, invest in a pillow from the local Kmart/Big W.[br][br]I’ve got a 10 hour stop at heathrow on my way to Greece, so I’ve booked this little cabin at the airport > yotel.com & it’s kinda cool ( I hope), I’ve got a really crap flight over…going to need a good place to crash. [br][br]Cheers

Hi Chan,[br][br]How are you? [br]Have you booked your athens accommodation yet? I’m just going to stay at a backpackers for the night so I can check out Athens before the tour starts. [br]Have you had a look where we need to catch the train from yet to get to the campsite? [br]Also what are you doing for accommodation when we finish in London?[br][br]:wink: if you obey all the rules you miss all the fun[br][br]* Pamplona 6 Day Fiesta 2009[br]* Athens to London July 13 2009

Hi Teagan,[br][br]I have booked my accom yet for athens…what backpackers you staying at?? I was also looking at a splurge & stay at a hotel in Kifisia - thought a bit of luxury before camping on the ground for 25 days might be called for.[br][br]I’m staying with a mate who is living Hammersmith for a few days before heading out to Scotland for 5 days. [br][br]Have you received your paperwork from Topdeck yet? I only just got mine today…[br][br]cheers :slight_smile:

Hey,[br][br]I just booked into Athens Backpackers. I’m saving my splurge for after the trip!![br][br]No, don’t have my documents yet. Hopefully they will be here soon, I’m off in a couple of weeks. [br][br]See you soon.[br][br]:wink: if you obey all the rules you miss all the fun[br][br]* Pamplona 6 Day Fiesta 2009[br]* Athens to London July 13 2009

hey :wink: i’m going to book into the backpackers as well worked on my cash flow and think it’s a wiser choice! We could catch up for drinks that night ? If any other campers catch this thread you should join in for pre tour drinks!

Hi Chan,[br][br]Sounds good. Will see you for a drink on the Sunday night! See you in a couple of weeks!![br][br]:wink: if you obey all the rules you miss all the fun[br][br]* Pamplona 6 Day Fiesta 2009[br]* Athens to London July 13 2009

Awesome!![br]Only a few weeks to go ;D