Anyone, ANYONE doing the Spirit Of Europe 12/5

Is anyone doing the spirit of europe that departs on the 12th may?[br][br]Or am I the only one hehe[br][br]Craig

Hey, I am not doing your tour, but am doing the Grand European on 7th April, I feel a bit like you, yet to meet someone who is doing the same tour, and wondering if I will be the only one on the bus, which I know wont be the case, but would be nice to at least meet someone prior, then I wont feel like totally out of my comfort zone when arriving in london. Good luck though!!!

Thanks… thats exactly how I feel… would be great to chat to someone on here that is doing my tour on the same date so I too wont feel out of my comfort zone too… but I guess after a couple of hours I’ll be or nervoused out and having a ball with my new found friends and you will too. Your trip looks amazing almost same as the Spirit of europe.[br][br]I have an idea, swap tours and come on mine, then you’ll know me prior ;-)[br][br]Cheers[br][br]Craig ;-)[br][br][br][br][quote]Originally posted by Europe09[br]
Hey, I am not doing your tour, but am doing the Grand European on 7th April, I feel a bit like you, yet to meet someone who is doing the same tour, and wondering if I will be the only one on the bus, which I know wont be the case, but would be nice to at least meet someone prior, then I wont feel like totally out of my comfort zone when arriving in london. Good luck though!!![br][/quote]

Hi guys,[br][br]Although you may feel kinda alone at the moment cuz no-one is replying to your posts about your particular trip I assure you that you will get more replies closer to the time of the trip. Just remember that everyone who goes on these tours are proabably willing (and wanting!!) to make friends and will most likely be very friendly and welcoming - a person who wants to keep to themselves wouldnt really join a whole tour bus full of strangers and expect to be left alone the entire time and be a grouch :slight_smile: Also the way I have picked up is that alot of tours crossover therefore theres are chance there are people on these forums typing away right now who are really out-going and willing to be your friend already but are on different trips. Im more than willing to chat about any thing as I am going to Europe in June so feel free to drop me a line or email (link on profile) or add me on msn :)[br][br]Adela[br][br]Adela and Leszek (Sis and Bro)[br]Summer Fun and Sailing June 26th 2009

Hi Craig,[br]Yes I agree with you, after a few hours of meeting everyone you will feel like you have known them for ages. I guess thats the best thing about going on your own, you are almost made to get out of your comfort zone, meet new people or else its going to be a bugger of a trip hanging out with yourself!!![br]Even better idea, come and do my tour!!! I agree, both tours sound amazing, I chose Grand European to be able to go to Croatia and also Barcelona, then after a few days in london, I am heading off to Athens to do the 10day greek island hopper. I liked the look of Spirit of Europe as it went to Auscwitz which I thought would be an amazing experience, but you are going to have a blast, and you are doing about a month later than me when the weather will be getting warm. Have a great time.:sunglasses:

Hi Craig![br]My partner, Matt, and I will be joining you on the Spirit of Europe tour departing 12th May. Do you know of anyone else who is going on this same trip? We are from Australia too - Brisbane.[br]Look forward to meeting you soon :)[br]Kim

Hi Kim,[br][br]No your the only one so far that has advised will be on the same tour leaving on the 12th.[br][br]It’s good to know or now have some communication with people who are going on the same tour as I.[br][br]Is this both yours and Matt’s first time to Europe, what are you two doing after the tour, you staying for a bit or going straight back home?[br][br]I live in Sydney.[br][br]Cheers [br][br]Craig[br][br][br][br][quote]Originally posted by Kim85[br]
Hi Craig![br]My partner, Matt, and I will be joining you on the Spirit of Europe tour departing 12th May. Do you know of anyone else who is going on this same trip? We are from Australia too - Brisbane.[br]Look forward to meeting you soon :)[br]Kim[br][/quote]

Hi Craig[br]I am sure more people will join the forum as we get closer to the date.[br]Yes, this is our first time to Europe. Is it yours too?[br]We are travelling to the USA and Canada in April, and then going straight to Paris where we have a few days before the tour (we are going to join in Paris rather than London). Afterwards we have a couple of nights at the Globetrotter Inn in London, and then we will look for work in London and stay in the UK for the rest of the year.;D [br]What are your plans before/after the tour?[br]Kim

Hi Kim,[br][br]I’m getting into the London on the 10th and staying at the Globetrotters In where the tour starts. The tour finishes back in London back at the Globetrotters In where I will stay another 6 nights looking around London. I am then leaving London for Dubai to stay there for 4 days and then off back home.[br][br]Yes I believe a lot more people will find this forum prior to the dates, where just early birds hehe.[br][br]Cheers[br][br]Craig…[br][br]P.S Your lucky to be staying in the UK for another year, I’d love to be aboe to do that ;-)[br][br][br][br][quote]Originally posted by Kim85[br]
Hi Craig[br]I am sure more people will join the forum as we get closer to the date.[br]Yes, this is our first time to Europe. Is it yours too?[br]We are travelling to the USA and Canada in April, and then going straight to Paris where we have a few days before the tour (we are going to join in Paris rather than London). Afterwards we have a couple of nights at the Globetrotter Inn in London, and then we will look for work in London and stay in the UK for the rest of the year.;D [br]What are your plans before/after the tour?[br]Kim[br][/quote]

Hi Craig,[br][br]My boyfriend and I will be joining you on the Spirit of Europe trip in May. We’re from the Gold Coast.[br][br]I’m counting down the days as we speak…I have a countdown timer on my work computer ;D[br][br]When are you arriving in London?[br][br]Cheers,[br]Cassie[br][br]Spirit of Europe[br]12th May 2009

Hi Cassie,[br][br]Excellent, its great to see some people popping up now doing this tour on the same date as I, so cool.[br][br]I get into London on Sunday the 10th May where I"m staying at the Globetrotters In for the first 2 nights before the tour which starts on the 12th May, as you know.[br][br]After the tour ends on Thursday the 4th June, im staying at the Globetrotters for another 6 nights, 7 days to look around London anf maybe going to Manchester for 2 days.[br][br]What are your plans for after the tour and when are you arriving in London?[br][br]Cheers[br][br]Craig[br][br][br][br][quote]Originally posted by cass_kat[br]
Hi Craig,[br][br]My boyfriend and I will be joining you on the Spirit of Europe trip in May. We’re from the Gold Coast.[br][br]I’m counting down the days as we speak…I have a countdown timer on my work computer ;D[br][br]When are you arriving in London?[br][br]Cheers,[br]Cassie[br][br]Spirit of Europe[br]12th May 2009[br][/quote]

Hi Craig,[br][br]I think I arrive in London on the 8th May and staying at the Globetrotter for 4 nights then doing the tour. I’m only staying for one night when we get home from the tour then I’m off to Bangkok for 4 nights![br][br]I honestly don’t know what to do once I get to London. I guess just have a look around. Do you have any plans when you get to London? Anything you particularly want to see? Think I may need to ask around and get a list of ‘must dos’ in London. :)[br][br]Spirit of Europe[br]12th May 2009

Hi Cassie,[br][br]I have nothing planned for the full Monday I have in london before our tour on the Tuesday. Will probably have alook around central London I guess. I’m staying in London 7 more days after the tour so I plan do do a day trip to stonehenge, bath and might, just might go to Manchester for two days, so not quiet sure yet.[br][br]Have a look at the following link, you can search things to do in or from London and book things as well. I’m booking things through them for London and Dubai as they do bookings for all around the world.[br][br]I was considering going through Bangkok myself on the way home however as I’m flying Emirates Airlines I’ve choosen to stop in Dubai on the way home for 4 days.[br][br]Keep in touch and watch this space ;-)[br][br]Cheers[br][br]Craig [br][br]Spirit Of Europe 12th May[br][br][quote]Originally posted by cass_kat[br]
Hi Craig,[br][br]I think I arrive in London on the 8th May and staying at the Globetrotter for 4 nights then doing the tour. I’m only staying for one night when we get home from the tour then I’m off to Bangkok for 4 nights![br][br]I honestly don’t know what to do once I get to London. I guess just have a look around. Do you have any plans when you get to London? Anything you particularly want to see? Think I may need to ask around and get a list of ‘must dos’ in London. :)[br][br]Spirit of Europe[br]12th May 2009[br][/quote]

Hi Craig,[br][br]Stonehedge sounds like a great idea. I thought about going to Stonehedge but then gave up on the idea. Where is the website that you booked through? I might look into doing it again I think as I’ve gone all that way might as well take a look at everything.[br][br]Dubai will be a great place to go on the way home. I too was originally going Emirates and stopping at Dubai but then Qantas had their sale and I decided to change to save myself a bit of money.[br][br]Well I’ll certainly keep watching this space. Hopefully some more people pop up that we can meet that are doing the same trip![br][br]Spirit of Europe[br]12th May 2009

Hi,[br][br]Sorry about that, the link is below and you’ll find the Stonehenge Tour i am talking about is one of the first showing. It cost around $137AUD for the day tour. email them questions and have a look at where their pick up points are. I am going to another hotel to be picked up from as they don’t come to Globetrotters but you can go to any pick up point. I’ll let you know where im getting on at when i get home tonight.[br][br]http://www.viator.com/London/d737-ttd?activities=all[br][br][br]I got return flights with Emirates for $2,200 return including taxes. I thought that was good, hopefully I didn’t get ripped off, however I had a great ttravelagent guy and his service was wonderful, so I don’t mind the extra hehe.[br][br]Cheers[br][br]Craig[br][br]Spirit Of Europe May 12th 2009[br][br][br][br][quote]Originally posted by cass_kat[br]
Hi Craig,[br][br]Stonehedge sounds like a great idea. I thought about going to Stonehedge but then gave up on the idea. Where is the website that you booked through? I might look into doing it again I think as I’ve gone all that way might as well take a look at everything.[br][br]Dubai will be a great place to go on the way home. I too was originally going Emirates and stopping at Dubai but then Qantas had their sale and I decided to change to save myself a bit of money.[br][br]Well I’ll certainly keep watching this space. Hopefully some more people pop up that we can meet that are doing the same trip![br][br]Spirit of Europe[br]12th May 2009[br][/quote]

Thanks Craig for the link. The site is fantastic![br][br]I just wanted to ask one more question. I’ve been reading about visa’s and I’m still confused as to whether we need one. Do you know if we need a visa? Thanks![br][br]Cassie[br][br]Spirit of Europe[br]12th May 2009

Hey Craig I am also doing the 12th of May tour this year! I created a group on Facebook for anyone that’s doing the Spirit of Europe tour on the 12/05/09 - 04/06/09:[br][br]http://www.facebook.com/p.php?i=840295297&k=36D4255Z43ZMYAEAWF6TU[br][br]Feel free to join![br][br]Cheers,[br][br]Anni[br]Spirit of Europe[br]May 12 2009

Hi Cassie,[br][br]We don’t need any VISA’s at all. Australians are accepted in all the European countries we are visiting without a VISA requirement. As long as you have your Australian passport on you, you’ll be fine.[br][br]Cheers[br][br]Craig[br][br]P.S Only 7 weeks away till the 12th May Departure for the Spirit Of Europe tour yay[br][br][br][br][br][quote]Originally posted by cass_kat[br]
Thanks Craig for the link. The site is fantastic![br][br]I just wanted to ask one more question. I’ve been reading about visa’s and I’m still confused as to whether we need one. Do you know if we need a visa? Thanks![br][br]Cassie[br][br]Spirit of Europe[br]12th May 2009[br][/quote]

Thanks Craig that’s what I thought but thought I’d better triple check just in case![br][br]I saw the Facebook page and I think it’s a wonderful idea! Does anyone have Myspace by any chance?? I don’t have Facebook (I just think it’s too much effot to upkeep both :))[br][br]I have yet another question. This is the first time I’m traveling overseas on my own so I’m not sure how much spending money to take. I’m thinking $2,500 AUD, do you think this will be sufficient for the 4 days I’m in London, the whole time on the trip and the 4 days I have at Bangkok on the way back?[br][br]Spirit of Europe[br]12th May 2009

Hi Cass_Kat,[br][br]When it comes to spending money, it really is going to come down to how you budget and stuff. One thing you need to remember, is that even though AUD$2,500 will take you far in Australia, it will only goes as halfway far in Europe and the UK. You lose half your dollar when converting it to euros and pounds.[br][br]The good thing about doing the Spirit Of Europe tour is that all your accommodation, transport and most your meals are already paid for from your tour cost. [br][br]You have to remember also that during the tour there are other optional things to do (see those options listed on the Spirit Of Europe page), also you might find, and only from what I’ve heard about tours, is that your group of tour mates might head our every couple of nights for drinks etc, not that you have to drink to have fun, but it is bound to happen.[br][br]If you take AUD$2,500, you really need to look at that as $1,200 when converted into euros, less with pounds and that ain’t taking into account really Bangkok and London. My travel agaent at Flightcentre told me if you budget $50 to $60 euros/pounds per-day through your trip, you should be ok. Keep in mind that you wont spend everyday either, as some days we will be on the bus travelling.[br][br]See this is my first time to Europe and the UK, and I’m doing the Spirit Of Europe tour, 9 days in the UK, then 4 days in Dubai and then 6 days in Las Vegas and spending money was one of the things I was very scared of not having enough of, now Im not rich, wish i was hehe, but I’ve had to nuckle down this past 5 months and be really tight with my income to save for spending money. [br][br]My friend did this trip in 2008 and she said she came home still with lots of spending money she didn’t use and she still had the best time of her life. If you watch your spending, you will be ok.[br][br]Do you have a back up credit card?[br][br]Cheers[br][br]Craig[br][br][br][br][br][quote]Originally posted by cass_kat[br]
Thanks Craig that’s what I thought but thought I’d better triple check just in case![br][br]I saw the Facebook page and I think it’s a wonderful idea! Does anyone have Myspace by any chance?? I don’t have Facebook (I just think it’s too much effot to upkeep both :))[br][br]I have yet another question. This is the first time I’m traveling overseas on my own so I’m not sure how much spending money to take. I’m thinking $2,500 AUD, do you think this will be sufficient for the 4 days I’m in London, the whole time on the trip and the 4 days I have at Bangkok on the way back?[br][br]Spirit of Europe[br]12th May 2009[br][/quote]