Any tips on travel sickness on aeroplanes?

Just thought some people can give me tips apart from the obvious travel sickness tablets. Just help with the bad nervy feeling that associates with it.

Hey,[br][br]I don’t get sick on planes however do get sick on buses. I spoke to my chemist and he recommended an acupressure wristband. He said it was better than the tablets as it wouldn’t be good to have to take tablets every second day on the bus trips. Cost me $20. Hope it works![br][br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Greek Islands Fun in the Sun

Barley sugars? (Or any other sort of hard lolly I guess). Used to be the drug of choice dolled out on long car trips as a kid. Downside is I can’t stand the smell of them these days…

thanks you two. i already plan on having the barley sugars. Same with me when i was younger and Mike can you let me know if the bracelet actually works. sounds good and its right what they said about the tablets every 2nd day.[br]

I use those wristbands all the time as I get car sick easily - they really work!!

what do you ask for when you buy them. how does it work?

Ask for an acupressure wristband. It looks like a small sweatband that have a plastic stud on the inside that puts pressure on a pressure point in your wrists. Apparently it stops nausea.[br][br]Grand European July 2009[br]+ Greek Islands Fun in the Sun

I use crystallised ginger and nibble on that. I discovered on a bus tour that the medication I brought with me (metoclopramide) actually made me quite drowsy and I was missing the scenery. Someone suggested ginger, sold in any supermarket, and it worked a treat. I am a cancer nurse and patients on chemo find it helps with that nausea too.[br]

I don’t really like ginger though but if it helps i might have to start liking it lol.

[quote]Just thought some people can give me tips apart from the obvious travel sickness tablets. Just help with the bad nervy feeling that associates with it.[/quote][br][br] [quote]I don’t get sick on planes however do get sick on buses. I spoke to my chemist and he recommended an acupressure wristband. He said it was better than the tablets as it wouldn’t be good to have to take tablets every second day on the bus trips. Cost me $20. Hope it works![/quote][br][br]I have been on planes, buses, trains, cars and cruise ships and i get bad travel sickness. I bought the pressure bracelets AND the ginger tablets and neither worked for me [v] That’s not to say it won’t work for you, i think it’s a personal thing and depends on how bad your nausea is.[br][br]After a LOT of testing different medications, remedies and ideas i found the best thing that worked for me was to not eat anything before i started travelling but have a cold drink and dry biscuits in my pack. It may sound odd but when you feel like you’re going to be sick a carbonated drink or a dry biscuit helps ease your stomach.[br][br]Hope that helps a little :)[br][br]Nicole[br]Grand European 28th July 2009[br]+ Britain & Ireland 5th September 2009[br]+ Greek Islands

On longer flights I would recommend taking a Xanax or Valium. This is what I usually do and it will help you sleep and reduce the anxiousness that being on a plane for 8+ hours can cause. Most doctors don’t mind writing you a prescription for 4 or 5 tablets to take for a long flight.