Any tips for the flight

Hi there, this will be my first long flight to the UK. Does anyone have any tips on what to wear or take on the plane? I was thinking of wearing tracksuit pants instead of jeans for comfort or loose fitting pants. Does anyone have any tips?

For clothes it is a personal choice really. I am more worried about the bordem. I am not a good sleeper on planes. Sleeping tablets do not seem to work either. So I am pinning all of my hopes on good movies at the moment. [br][br]Has anyone ever flown virgin atlantic before???

i would suggest loose pants and a change of top and underwear and for the boredom take a book and some music and hope there will be some good movies on

Moet I was thinking of doing what you suggested too. I am also taking my toothbrush onboard and some toothpaste (somehow to meet the 100ml standards)to clean teeth during stopover.

It depends on who you are flying wiht, but on my way here last week i flew with qantas and they gave everyone a kit with a little toothbrus and tooth paste…so maybe you will get that and not have to worry bout the 110mls. The other thing i did was get a kids sized toothpaste for my hand luggage, and it was less than 100mls.[br][br]Also, something comfortable to wear, i chose jeans and a tshirt and a tracksuit top that i wore when i was cold. I also put a pair of tracksuit pants in my hand luggage and put thme on when i went to sleep. I found i asked alot of people what to wear and they all said different things. Whatever you choose make sure its comfortable![br][br]Cheers Katie

Thanks Katie84. We are flying with Singapore so I am hoping they meet my expectations. A toothpaste pack sounds great. Whatever I choose to wear it’ll be something comfortable and might take something extra to change into.

Good thinking… I hadn’t really put much thought into what I was going to wear on the plane!!! I was too busy worrying about what to pack…[br][br]I think I might try stretchy jeans… I think track suit pants are a fabulous idea but I dont want to have to carry them around for the rest of my trip as I wont wear them anywhere else. I wonder if I could get away with p.j pants in hand luggage??? [br][br]Thanks Moet for the suggestion of a change of top and underwear!!![br][br]Sarah

Good thinking… I hadn’t really put much thought into what I was going to wear on the plane!!! I was too busy worrying about what to pack…[br][br]I think I might try stretchy jeans… I think track suit pants are a fabulous idea but I dont want to have to carry them around for the rest of my trip as I wont wear them anywhere else. I wonder if I could get away with p.j pants in hand luggage??? [br][br]Thanks Moet for the suggestion of a change of top and underwear!!![br][br]Sarah

Haha p.j pants sounds good! I’m flying with Air New Zealand, with a stopover through Hong Kong. Should be an interesting couple of hours. [br]For anybody who has taken sleeping pills on planes, is it ok? I know a few ppl who have and they said it was a bit dodgey, esp if your by yourself.[br]Anybody else have info/ideas??

trackies are definitely the way to go for the flight!!

If you have not used sleeping tablets before I would advise you to use them first on a night when you are not travelling and at least a few days beforehand to see how they affect you. I use Restavit which is an antihistamine at times due to shiftwork. It’s an over-the-counter medication. Restavit helps relieve insomnia. I usually take 1/2 a tablet to get me to sleep and it doesn’t make me drowsy the next day. [br]I would also be aware that some countries do not allow sleeping medication such as Temazepam as it is a drug of addiction without a permit. At least one week is required for the processing of the controlled substance permits.