Another one for the girls-shoes

hi everyone![br][br]I just wanted to see what other girls thoughts were on what shoes to take (because they can take up a lot of room!). [br][br]I was thinking 1 x thongs, 1 x flats, maybe a pair of heels for nights out? But I’m not sure if they are really necessary. Is anyone taking actual runners/sneakers (whatever you want to call them), and will they be necessary?[br][br]Thanks![br][br][br][br][br]European Getaway 2009

Hey.[br]Im taking same as u dressy shoes, thongs, flats and definatly runners, if we are doing a lot of walking around. i dont want sore feet when i want to dance the nite away as well.[br]Hope that helps.:slight_smile:

Hey ya,[br][br]I’m taking thongs, dressy flats and sneakers, I’ve heard that the sneakers are a life saver for all the walking![br][br][br]London to Athens - part of Mega European[br]August 30 2009

Thanks![br][br][br][br]European Getaway 2009

I had the exact same question! I don’t think I’m going to take sneakers, I’m quite comfortable walking around all day in thongs (that’s what I do at home)… I was thinking of just thongs (or 2?), nice flats, and maybe heels… I’ve had different feedback on the heels, some say definately don’t take them as the cobble streets make it really hard to walk in them, plus you only end up wearing them a few times (some girls wear thongs even when they go out)! So I’m still undecided… I think I’ll wait and see if there’s room for them in my pack!

I was planning on taking 1 x flip flops/thongs (which I wear everywhere at home anyway), 1 x walking shoes (DC skate shoes), then one pair of going out shoes. [br][br]I was going to take sneakers for my walking shoes, but I guess if we have a raining day they will get wet through because of the meshy fabric, so that’s why I’ve decided on my DC’s. [br][br]But the going out shoes is leaving me undecided… I don’t want to take heels then never wear them cause my feet are tired from walking all day, and I have also heard the same points about cobble stone streets etc etc, then I talk to other people who have been and they regretted not taking heels…[br][br][br][br][br] [br][br]

Hi![br][br]I don’t plan on bringing heels. Even when I go out at home I end up in flats. I plan on bringing 1 x thongs, 1 x flats (-my Toms for walking around) and 1x flat sandals for nights. [br][br]But I am doing the Croatian sailing, so there won’t be as much walking as some of the other trips. [br][br]Jill

i’m not gonna take heels- can’t really walk in em anyway. gonna take my walking shoes just cuz they are incredibly comfy, pair of flip flops and some nice flats for evenings. depending on space may chuck a par of converses in too![br][br]Loubelle[br][br]Generator Hostel 10th & 24th June[br]European Wonder 11th-24th June[br]

i’m not gonna take heels- can’t really walk in em anyway. gonna take my walking shoes just cuz they are incredibly comfy, pair of flip flops and some nice flats for evenings. depending on space may chuck a par of converses in too![br][br]Loubelle[br][br]Generator Hostel 10th & 24th June[br]European Wonder 11th-24th June[br]

Hi there all, I wouldnt recommend taking heels, no one really dresses us heaps when they go out at night anyway, nice flats are fine! I spent my whole time in Europe walking in thongs or my globes!! and I brought a pair of berkinstocks when I was in germany, once I had done that I had too many shoes in my suitcase, and that was only two!! hope this helps!!

Ok I’m convinced - NO heels in my backpack… I’ll take some nice flats… Thanks everyone… :)[br][br]Verity [br]“Spirit of Europe” [br]9 June - 2 July 09’[br]+ “Pamplona Fiesta” [br]4 July - 9 July 09’ [br]e: vkaldcroft@hotmail.com

Hi Everyone[br]Ive had the dilemma on what to take but thanks to the girls convos ive decided not to take heels but take a small hair dryer. Thanks girls.[br][br]And Hi Verity[br]Im going on the same tour as you. But i will be joining the tour on the 17th July in Rome.[br]Looking forward to catching up. Where are you from. Im from Melbourne AUS.[br][br]Carly

Oh woops i meant im going on the tour 17th June. :slight_smile:

same same - flip flops and nice flats are my plan![br]kt[br][br]europe uncovered 3rd june

Mmm I’m thinking[br]- Ipanema Thongs[br]- Going out shoes[br]- Sneakera[br]- Possibly cute little boots… (unsure)[br][br][br]European Wonder 6th August -19th August 2009[br][br]Then Barcelona, Ibiza and Tomantina baby!!![br]:-*:o:-[8-);D[^][v]xx([8]:o)::):-/B):stuck_out_tongue:

heya[br]re. the shoes[br]im taking sneakers because ive lived in europe for 5 months and if you dont have good solid soles you can feel EVERYTHING through them, like all the uneven streets, in which there are many. if you go out at night youre feet will be sore so the better the shoes, the better your feet[br][br]ive managed to wear heels around the streets at night, you just need to make sure youre looking where you walk [br][br]a trick whilst packing shoes- stuff them with undies/socks/clothes so they keep their shape and take less room[br][br]hope this helps[br][br]Nat[br]rome-london 19th july

ok girls, heres my plan: [br][br]bringing my Birkenstocks bc theyre super comfy and kinda nice looking. also bringing flip flops to have an alternative but also something to wear in the shower - dont wanna be in sketch showers in bare feet! [br][br]I also need to bring some form of shoes, since I tend to get cold feet on airplanes and buses and whatnot. but thats gonna be it![br][br]Meredith Fraser[br]Olympic Link Aug 7 - 27

hey, did any of you chickies end up taking sneakers or not taking sneakers and regretting it ? ?[br][br]Great Eastern 2009[br]Athens - Prague[br][br]Oct2-Oct18

Hi all, i have just packed and im leaving tomorrow on the bravo italia trip. I have packed [br]1) Thongs[br]2) Skatey lace ups[br]3) Flats[br]4) heels[br][br]The only reason i am taking heels is because I have a work conference in Italy at the end of my trip, otherwise i definitely would NOT be taking them!! [br][br]Happy packing!

Just wondering in relation to suitable shoes about maybe taking walking boots? I’m going on the European Wonder in July and want to go up Jungfrau Mountain in Switzerland but will trainers be ok or would walking boots be better?