Activities at Night - Past Travellers please reply

Hi Guys,[br][br]Just having a look at forums about topdeck tours vs contiki tours etc. Something that caught my eye and im sure will interest many others is whether there are any particular activities,events,parties, clubs etc in the evening which topdeck encourages the tour group to do as kinda a bonding session with tour mates or just having a good time with others without everyone having to go off and find things to do at night with the fear of getting lost or having to be extra careful due to being alone and foreign.[br][br]Many thanks to anyone who answers![br][br][br]Adela :)[br][br]Adela and Leszek (Sis and Bro)[br]Summer Fun and Sailing June 26th 2009

I highly recommend the paris river cruise, the amsterdam river cruise, the live sex show in amsterdam, Waynes Bar in Nice, and while i didnt go (i was really sick) the people on our tour loved the self pouring bar in Prague :)[br][br]Hope that helps :)[br][br]You will find that the group will stick together most of the time :)[br][br]Leeana[br]Canberra, Australia[br]Spirit of Europe 16 Sept 08[br]+ London Stopover[br]+ Edinburgh Minibreak

bonding in amsterdam at the live sex show is a must, cheap cocktails and karaoke in florence and when we were in Austria there was anothertop deck group so the aussie pub up the road (bunny’s) put on a band for us! our tour leader always told us places to go at night, and there was always a group of people who wanted to go! plus our tour leader always let us know how much a taxi was to get home, or what bus and train we had to catch!

Hey guys,[br][br]Thanks heaps for that! Sounds like you both enjoyed similar things which means they are awesome and a must-see on my list of to-do’s! Im really excited now but have lots of work and uni to wade through before I depart however it will be well worth it! :D[br][br]Adela and Leszek (Sis and Bro)[br]Summer Fun and Sailing June 26th 2009

Hey,[br]yes the paris cruise is a must cause it is at the start of ur trip so great bonding and it makes for a great night cause u have the picnic then too… florence - red garter is fun too… very touristy bar but it was lots of fun to dance the night away… venice toga party (camping tours, not sure if it is on the hostel tour too?) is great fun! oh… mixers (they r the house drink, costs 12 euro but is so worth it cause u only need like 1 or 2) most of the campsites (as u can tell i went camping but is prob same for hostel tours) have their own bar so u don’t have to go far at night but be warned… just cause they r campsite bars does not make them cheap! hope this helps[br]Happy Travelling[br]Rikki

Hey Rikki,[br][br]Thanks for that chickie! Good to hear whats worth doing and how things work with bonding and such. Im sitting here trying to figure out what I kinda want to do for certain and what I will give the miss. Sadly my NZ dollar wont get me too far in Europe and im going to have to scrimp…lol, eat enough for 3 people on the days we get fed ;)[br][br]If anyone has any tips on how to make your dollar go further that would be wicked btw, I would love to try new beers and such in all the countries but somehow spending $12 euro which will be about $30NZ on a drink isnt going down to well atm.[br][br]Thanks to anyone who replies![br][br][br]xx[br][br]Adela and Leszek (Sis and Bro)[br]Summer Fun and Sailing June 26th 2009

Typical the $NZ has to go to crap when we decide to travel isn’t it?[br]I’m stopping in LA for 2 weeks before getting to London which will be even worse for my pocket!

Hi Adela,[br][br]The Aussie dollar isn’s that good either against the Euro. At the moment I lose half my dollar to one Euro, not fair I know.[br][br]I’ve been told by friends that when you are over there you have to treat there dollar like it was our/your dollar. So when you think about it, like hyere in Sydney you could pay up to $12aud to but a mixer drink, depending which joint your in here, so compairing the drink price mentioned by Rikki foir a mixer for $12 euro, when you look at it, its the same dollar amount.[br][br]I suggest if your trying to work out how much New Zealand dollars you have to save, then say you want $1k euros, then you’ll need to save $2k NZD, if that makes sense.[br][br]I myself have opened two savings account here with Travelex, ones in Euros and the other pounds, that way my money is converted before i go away and I get different exchange rates and i put money away once a month till i go away.[br][br]Your going to have the best time, and remember our conversation, you don’t need to drink to have fun or blend in, you’ll make it fun because you have a fun personality.[br][br]Cheers[br][br]Craig[br][br]Spirit Of Europe 12th May 2009… Come on my tour with me and i’ll buy you drinks when you run out :wink: